verticalscope.com?

For example, when I bought CODForums, I was very careful to not announce the sale until I've actually paid the money.
have to agree there. A purchase I agreed fell apart because it was announced by the admin of the site I was buying before I had purchased it and someone else on the forum basically gazumped me.

have to agree there. A purchase I agreed fell apart because it was announced by the admin of the site I was buying before I had purchased it and someone else on the forum basically gazumped me.
If you have more than one admin; make sure you SIGN the contract with the owner before announcing to your administrators that the purchase has been completed.

This is true if you're a company.

I negotiated the contract with the owner, and we've come to a mutual agreement, and understanding. When I got the paper, I signed it immediately, so if he tried anything stupid, I had myself covered. I can sue him any time I damn well wish.

The other thing you need to consider is: Is the owner in a RUSH to sell? Because the person can decide the next day to screw you over, he can list the site on a site like flippa.

That just happened to me just a few weeks ago when I tried to buy an older MW2 community.

We came to an agreement via e-mail because he's - at work. Then the next day he decides to be a jerk about it. That really angers me. Alright, people can be greedy, but damn, that's just wrong.

One last piece of advice, if the owner posts that he's looking for an admin to help him mange the community - he actually wants money. So, if you're going to try to acquire a website that is "dying" but isn't very responsive and isn't understanding... do yourself a favor and leave him alone. Owners like that are very fickle.

I'm still going to try and buy the site, and I'm optimistic about it, but I am not holding my breath.

Top Bottom