VelocityIO - Hosting Powered by Lite Speed Enterprise -35 Percent off for 3 Invoices-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

Here is the first ever vIO special encouraged by various customers who want to get more plans with us. I figured why not just do it for everyone since I offer discounts for existing customers anyway.

I say "Invoices" instead of month because the coupon applies for any billing term you agree to, whether that monthly, quarterly or higher. This coupon applies to all of our hosting plans located here as well as our dedicated forum support if you'd like us to manage certain aspects of your site for you. Which you can find out more about on our site.

All of our plans are on datacenter grade SSDs which are built into our servers which we colocate with Quadranet in Florida(Other locations coming in the future!)

VelocityIO Features/Benefits:
  • cPanel
  • Free hourly backups of your files/databases which you can restore at any time from your cPanel account up to two weeks in the past.
  • Free Dedicated IP and we mean that, this includes for emails and all that good stuff. Gone are the days of hosts using the same IP for all customers on a machine where one customer has to ruin it for everyone else by getting blacklisted.
  • Powered by the amazing Litespeed Enterprise web server which often rivals if not outperforms nginx in performance while keeping the compatibility of most if not all stuff that works on Apache.
  • Cloudflare Optimized Partner. Enjoy Railgun free of charge where as directly with Cloudflare is 200/mo
  • Free .com of your choice for the life of your account if you pay for more then a month at a time(all plans except mini). You own it, if you wish to leave VelocityIO in the future, you may take your domain with you.
  • Support that actually knows how to answer server related questions as well as questions about Xenforo and other softwares you may use for your company.
  • Need a custom amount of resources? We do that as well at discounted rates.
  • We never oversell our machines.
  • Cloudlinux - This operating system allows customers to do many things like select your own php version, modules and much more. PostgreSQL and Ruby support coming to vIO soon!
  • Much more.

If you are interested in our services, please note that we do offer free migration services to our servers. All you have to do is open a ticket with us.

Things planned for the Future:

• Increase free hourly backups from two weeks to a month at any given time.
  • VPS
  • Dedi Servers
  • SSL Certs
  • PostgreSQL & Ruby
  • Custom Migrations from scripts that Xenforo does not support out of the box.
  • A few other neat surprises.

Specials from our friends:
As a customer of ours you can also get 20 percent off all of @Mike Creuzer (and @Audentio Design) styles addons. Yup their entire selection! That includes things like the ever popular UI.X and Ad Credits system.

You can also remove all your branding from all of @Jon W's addons.

We also have a few more specials coming out in the next few weeks from more awesome friends of ours.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me or open up a ticket on our site.

Coupon Code: xenforo

Okay, so I've been having a few issues with a domain this week - some of you might have noticed me complaining in various places about it. The host kept telling me it was a registrar issue, the registrar kept saying it was a host issue. Eventually the site seemed to be accessible, but it was touch and go most of the time whether it could be reached without putting the domain into the windows host file.

Anyway, @The Dark Wizard has been listening to me complain and told me he was running an offer today, if I wanted to shift the site and prove once and for all that it was a hosting issue. I'm not usually one for taking shared hosting, but frustrated with the problems on this domain I thought I might as well, got nothing to lose especially at the price being offered so I purchased VIO's Giant package (that sounds rude :D . . no? Just me? Okay then! Moving on!!)

I wasn't really in the mood to be transferring the site myself, it's been bad enough this week trying to get it visible, so after getting the account I submitted a ticket and requested them to transfer the site for me. The whole process was done within 15 minutes - that's from me submitting the ticket, sending them my information, the DNS being changed and the site being back online. Smooth as silk process, with VIO's staff keeping me informed every step of the way, telling me exactly what point they were at and what was going on.

The domain propogated fast - it was already accessible by the time the site had been moved - and the whole thing was headache free. I was really impressed (and those who know me know how picky and critical I am!) with how pleasant an experience it was. The speed of the site is significantly quicker and the cpanel is soo pretty too (not that that's relevant really, but still!).

Been messing around for a few hours now and so far I'm more than happy with everything. Will report back again in a couple of weeks of use when I've had a chance to break things a few times and attempt to upset the support staff ;)

Dark Wizard here helped us move sites a while back and I don't think we've looked back since. The performance seems better than we've ever had and the support has been unbelievable. We keep a good relationship with these guys, making things pretty reassuring. We know if anything goes wrong, the team is only a message away.

Fantastic service. I'd recommend them to anyone.

@The Dark Wizard was already so kind to his customer like me. He is very patient and willing to help. Sometimes i found problem at my domain and suppose it is problem in their side, this situation makes me very angry to them. But you know, they help me to found the solution and fixed the problem. And finally i understand it is not their fault. So, i can't leave this good service.

Surely i said, this is a very RECOMMENDED hosting provider. If you are guys looking a host located in USA, than this the best hosting provider service i found so far.

Thank you @The Dark Wizard for being so kind to me .. Good luck for you :)

Last edited:
When I started out in business just under 4 years ago, my first client was a site called GiveBackWorks. They have been an incredibly loyal customer to me and I've always strived to provide them with the best possible service. I've always hosted and managed the site for them myself, but it is not my main area of expertise and they were slightly concerned that if I was hit by a bus they would not know who to contact.

Looking to relieve some of my own burden and give my client the reassurance they wanted, I needed a host that knew XenForo and who I could trust completely with this site, even if I was hit by a bus. @The Dark Wizard seemed like just the man, and also persuaded me that his optimised servers and Cloudflare Optimized Partner status would provide my client with the superior service that they deserve.

Just over 6 months on, and I couldn't be happier with the service that VelocityIO has provided me and my client.

And that's why I'm happy to provide VelocityIO customers with unlimited branding free when they use my add-ons on sites hosted on their servers. All you have to do is have the Install and Upgrade by Waindigo add-on installed and linked to your Waindigo account, and the branding will automatically be removed.

Thank you!

What I like about @The Dark Wizard and VelocityIO is his work ethics, no drama type, who listens to you and understands what you want, and goes out of his way to fulfill my requests.

I witnessed that while haters and competitors just kept badmouthing him when he first started, he didn't get caught up in all the drama, and focused on what really mattered, which is building a business and responding to customers. For that I give him lots of street creds. :D

I've been hosting a few of my sites at vIO so far and rarely have to ping him. If anything comes up such as changing from renting server to colocating his own machines, he simply gives me a head up, and he takes care of everything.

In the hosting business where everyone has the same crappy setup, combination of good setup is hard to find, and I found that at VelocityIO. Things like CloudLinux, Cloudflare Railgun, and optimization skills that Velocity provides caught my attention, and I haven't looked back since.

Recommended!

Last edited:
Velocity IO….where do I start? When my current 1 month subscription was coming up with my host who I was having problems with I decided to look at another host. I then found Velocity IO who I had seen in the past but had ignored due to the fact that I believed all of the bad things that his competitors were saying about him. I had some doubts about moving from my current host, who I was having problems with, to Velocity IO who could possibly mend those problems and give me a better experience. I was afraid of moving in fear that when I moved to Velocity IO the same problems would occur, image loss, URL problems, DNS propagation taking so long I lose members, etc. So I decided to just send DWIZ a PM before I take this chance that I thought could ruin Pokévolution in one way or another.

So I asked him a few questions lets just say he was very quick, very nice, understanding and specific with his answers he was not vague at all. After his very precise and considerate answers I decided to take a leap of faith as it couldn’t be much worse than my current host.

During my conversation with DWIZ he told me even before I hosted with him his availability on converting my site pokevolution.net. A few hours later I bought the hosting and sent him a message when he’d be available. 20-30 min later he sent me a message saying he’d like to chat with me live VIA Skype as he transferred the forum. During that time he asked me and walked me through what I needed to do on my side to make this process as quick and none painful as possible. This process only took 10 min. Afterwards I told him I had to go and he said there’s a few more things he’d like to go through with me later. When we did go through everything he helped me set up a few more things for the site so that it would run smoothly and I could see it properly on my computer, seeing it didn’t use googles DNS, until he used team viewer to fix that.

The next few days when I asked questions he was very quick and kind. DWIZ never took longer than 12 hours to respond.

During that time he:

-Helped me add a favicon (not a big whoop but check out the next items).
-Using team viewer and Skype helped me set up cloud flare and railgun on Pokévolution which would usually cost you $200/month but you get it free with the amazing Velocity IO.
-Kept reminding me that my one .ca domain was acting up and tried to help me resolve it instead of my old host who said nothing, pushed it under the rug, and I never found out about the problems with it till I moved to Velocity IO.
-On Monday prior to this post I was having some Javascript errors when using the forum so I messaged DWIZ and within 30 minutes he looked into the issue and he needed to see exactly what I was doing when the error occurred so we used team viewer and for at least 30 min we kept going through the scenario as he kindly and patiently helped to figure out the problem. We found out there was a small panel problem. He contacted Cpanel support and it was resolved quickly.
-No problems with URL’s, images, etc when it came to converting Pokévolution.
-Takes no longer than 6-12 hours to get a hold of DWIZ.
-DWIZ has put in more hours than I could ever truly express my generosity for that time.
-Domain took no longer than 2 hours to propagate properly on all of users devices (that I know of).

So that is my 4 day experience with Velocity IO and I don’t regret it at all.

Here is a quick run down of Pros and Cons of Velocity IO:
-Doesn’t have the unlimited resources gimmick.
-Cloudflare for free (usually would cost $200/month)
-Customized Cpanel meaning its not plain and has tons of features without extra bulk
-Very quick speed compared to my old host. I’m so happy with it I feel like a kid on christmas. Sometimes with my old host I would have to wait longer than 10 secs for the page to load and would have to manually reload the page.
-Real litespeed
-Dwiz is very professional, kind, considerate, quick and bared with me when it came to all my questions. He’s also willing to spend time with his clients not ignoring their messages, and making sure their problems are resolved or their questions are answered.

Cons
-None

So that is my review/experience with Velocity IO if you need any convincing, or have anymore questions about them feel free to let me know. I am not usually fond of doing reviews and procrastinate on them but seeing it only took me 3 days before I decided to do this it shows how much I appreciate Velocity IO’s service, and dedication to what they do. Keep up the great work DWIZ and co.

Thanks everyone :).

Also we've gone ahead and released support for PostgreSQL(which xF does not use yet but one can dream!) and Ruby and a few other things

Last edited:
Having a great experience with @The Dark Wizard and VelocityIO's hosting.

What I like about them is that they answer tickets promptly, offer a solution and advice to help me make the best decision, and they have a very professional attitude while remaining very friendly as well.

It seems like they genuinely care about your websites and want them to do well, as we had a nice chat over a domain change and mess of SSL's and redirects, and rather then just doing whatever worked first - they actually spent a few moments trying to figure out the best possible fix for my particular situation.

Thanks for making sure my sites are hosted with a sense of trust and reliability.

Need a little help .. ;)

I have an directory called xenforo/ in the public_html/ directory with my xf instance. If i go to www.mydomain.com i come directly in my public_html/ .. What can i do to redirect to public_html/xenforo/ .. ??
I've tried with .htaccess but it doesn't work ..

Need a little help .. ;)

I have an directory called xenforo/ in the public_html/ directory with my xf instance. If i go to www.mydomain.com i come directly in my public_html/ .. What can i do to redirect to public_html/xenforo/ .. ??

Can you go ahead and make a ticket :)? So we can keep a proper log any thing that happens or changes I help you make.

Last edited:
Need a little help .. ;)

Can you go ahead and make a ticket :)? So we can keep a proper log any thing that happens or changes I help you make.

Went ahead and sent you the correct htaccess code. :)! Let us know if you need anything else.

Been using VelocityIO for a few months for xfUniverse and have had no downtime and everything is running very smoothly :)

:D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom