VelocityIO - Hosting Powered by Lite Speed Enterprise -35 Percent off for 3 Invoices-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhhhh.. Quadranet sucks.

Over a 6 month period I only got to yell at them one time. :p

I have my server with them in the Dallas location. Been real happy with them.

All of our servers are there now. I'm 10 minutes away from the Miami Location and they've been very good to us setting up these past few months.

I guess the sites that are in Arizona on your original server haven't been moved yet? 192.30.139.19 (xenadmins.com, clubcensus.com, thedarkwizard.com NS1/NS2.rpnation.com and NS1.velocityio.com and about 22 other domains) shows to be still associated with IOFlood.
In fact, the entire 192.30.136.0/22 CIDR shows to be with them?

Any chance of a pic of your servers in the rack? I'm seriously thinking about doing a co-lo at their Dallas location, but would love to see what their "non PR" look is like. We all know that when they take photos for their co-lo sites to showcase their look, it's not always what is normal.

I guess the sites that are in Arizona on your original server haven't been moved yet? 192.30.139.19 (xenadmins.com, clubcensus.com, thedarkwizard.com NS1/NS2.rpnation.com and NS1.velocityio.com and about 22 other domains) shows to be still associated with IOFlood.
In fact, the entire 192.30.136.0/22 CIDR shows to be with them?

Yeah, some of the sites are still there.

We haven't begin the major transfers yet as that takes a lot of coordination with customers.

Any chance of a pic of your servers in the rack? I'm seriously thinking about doing a co-lo at their Dallas location, but would love to see what their "non PR" look is like. We all know that when they take photos for their co-lo sites to showcase their look, it's not always what is normal.

Yup once our new site is up which will happen after the last site is transferred, we plan to release all the specs and pictures and videos of the rack.

You want my honest opinion though? I think the dallas datacenter is the best in terms of what they offer, but then again I'm extremely biased to the location :P. Its the next place we want to expand to and then Los Angeles which I have experience with. Its what helped make the decision in terms of co location since theres plenty of providers(for co location) other then quadranet in Miami.

Hello, what happen to your hosting/server?

I can not access my website right now. And so often i face the same problem lately... Please help ASAP!

Mine goes down sometimes but they are fast to fix it so I never worry :) I know they have been changing things a bit, but I think it will help a lot in the log run.

I can not access my website right now. And so often i face the same problem lately... Please help ASAP!
Mine goes down sometimes but they are fast to fix it so I never worry :) I know they have been changing things a bit, but I think it will help a lot in the log run.

Several of our IPs got null rotated due to a large DDOS Attack.

Thankfully will be giving all of our customers dedicated IPs once we complete the transfer over to quadranet and our new hardware

Will be giving you a dedicated IP first, since you seem to be the target of the attacks.

Open up a ticket with us for further details.

Several of our IPs got null rotated due to a large DDOS Attack.

Thankfully will be giving all of our customers dedicated IPs once we complete the transfer over to quadranet and our new hardware

Great to hear! I'd love for each of my site to have a dedicated IP address. It'd greatly reduce the risk of one IP getting nulled affecting other customers in the network.

Regarding DDoS attacks, it happens from time to time. As a webmaster, I do recommend you guys who are using VelocityIO to take some extra steps to prevent the problem from happening:
  • use Cloudflare: Once you use it you will never think of going back. It masks your VelocityIO IP address and speeds up your website at the same time, so it's a win win win situation. Besides, vIO is a Cloudflare Optimized Partner to let you serve more traffic faster for less bandwidth, that's why I was interested in them in the first place.
  • Send emails via external service: After using Cloudflare for the front end, use external SMTP for sending emails. For instance, I send email via Amazon's Simple Email Service, which is dirt cheap and it protects more sophisticated attackers from checking email source and figuring out the real IP address of my server.
  • Handle your community with care: Though I am not the one to tell you how to run your community, I do encourage that you take cautions in dealing with your own community so it won't get DDoSed, it's also the courtesy for neighbors using the same shared host as yours.
I wholeheartedly trust that Max is going on the right track of providing customers, including me, with that they really need. He is steps ahead in providing sophisticated tools for you to use, so take advantage of the tools to protect your site.

Last edited:
Great to hear! I'd love for each of my site to have a dedicated IP address. It'd greatly reduce the risk of one IP getting nulled affecting other customers in the network.

Regarding DDoS attacks, it happens from time to time. As a webmaster, I do recommend you guys who are using VelocityIO to take some extra steps to prevent the problem from happening:
  • use Cloudflare: Once you use it you will never think of going back. It masks your VelocityIO IP address and speeds up your website at the same time, so it's a win win win situation. Besides, vIO is a Cloudflare Optimized Partner to let you serve more traffic faster for less bandwidth, that's why I was interested in them in the first place.
  • Send emails via external service: After using Cloudflare for the front end, use external SMTP for sending emails. For instance, I send email via Amazon's Simple Email Service, which is dirt cheap and it protects more sophisticated attackers from checking email source and figuring out the real IP address of my server.
  • Handle your community with care: Though I am not the one to tell you how to run your community, I do encourage that you take cautions in dealing with your own community so it won't get DDoSed, it's also the courtesy for neighbors using the same shared host as yours.
I wholeheartedly trust that Max is going on the right track of providing customers, including me, with that they really need. He is steps ahead in providing sophisticated tools for you to use, so take advantage of the tools to protect your site.

And yeah every account is getting one.

I just shocked for facing ddos attack on my site. But i am really happy to use VelocityIO. Great support. Many thanks to @The Dark Wizard and team.
Hope your live chat will be 7 x 24 soon.

I have sent vOI this question; I am familer with using cloud fire the old way, logining in, setting up my sites, dns, etc...
but if the entire host is using cloudfire, has this chanced? Do I still have to do all this, or is hands-free & automatic now?

also notice you have a design team? Does this just extend to xF? or any type
of design? like smarty templates? how about coding? php,mysql,java, etc?

Thanks

I have sent vOI this question; I am familer with using cloud fire the old way, logining in, setting up my sites, dns, etc...
but if the entire host is using cloudfire, has this chanced? Do I still have to do all this, or is hands-free & automatic now?

also notice you have a design team? Does this just extend to xF? or any type
of design? like smarty templates? how about coding? php,java, etc?

Thanks

Yeah, I saw your ticket, I was creating a response. I'll reply there.

If you are one of our customers,

You are welcomed to a 20 percent off coupon that has been made available to us for all Audentio products, this includes addons and styles like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom