XF 1.5 Vbulletin import questions

MickkD

Hi all,

I have a planned vbulletin to xenforo site move, I wanted to do this years ago, but because we have heavy customisation's and themes - we have never got round to it or too scared!

I successfully imported 3 million posts and 300,000 users with the built in xenforo importer (took all day but we got there).

Can you give me some suggestions on the following.

1) Is there any information on Nginx rewrites from vbulletin dragonbyte SEO to Xenforo URLS (or someone we can pay for this) ?

2) We have downloadsii Installed and I actually re-wrote the code to use chunking and html5 uploads, is there an importer for downloadsII?

3) Does anyone have an opinion on the most lightweight chat resource?

4) Which are the biggest issues or problems we will come across.

5) We need a lot of customisation's, can anyone recommend a site or person to contact, I can code a little in PHP and have done a quite a few private modifications, but I just don't have the time and would love to find someone we can have a ongoing relationship with.

Thank you very much for any tips or pointers. and fingers crossed!

Mick

1) Is there any information on Nginx rewrites from vbulletin dragonbyte SEO to Xenforo URLS (or someone we can pay for this) ?
I haven't seen a solution to this, exactly, and I believe it would very much depend upon what format the URLs are in DBSEO. For this I would suggest two things; first create a new thread in this forum with a title that indicates exactly what you want to do and in that thread provide several examples of the old URLs vs. the now new URLs in XF. Second, if that doesn't help, you might want to post a request here: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/

4) Which are the biggest issues or problems we will come across.
Probably redirection, to be fair :) Oh and there's always a few users who don't like change...

5) We need a lot of customisation's, can anyone recommend a site or person to contact, I can code a little in PHP and have done a quite a few private modifications, but I just don't have the time and would love to find someone we can have a ongoing relationship with.
Again with this you might want to consider putting requests in this forum: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/custom-service-development-requests.69/ Or you could view the "Third Party Service Offers" forum to see if anyone is offering a service that fits what you're looking for.

This worked flawlessly!

I will be giving them 5 stars, great product!!!

Could I ask, with the resources modification - Can I segregate it into different sections (departments). For example now I have all our downloads imported into the resources how do I use the resources as anything else apart from downloads?

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, now onto the URL rewrites...

Mick

Could I ask, with the resources modification - Can I segregate it into different sections (departments). For example now I have all our downloads imported into the resources how do I use the resources as anything else apart from downloads?
You can create multiple categories and sub-categories for resources.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, now onto the URL rewrites...
This may or may not work, but if your DBSEO URLs are the same structure as vBSEO URLs, you could use this tool to convert them into .htaccess redirects and then use this to convert them to nginx redirects.

Top Bottom