vBulletin default skin for XenForo

giorgino

I have to migrate three vbulletin board to xenforo, and I'm searching for vBulletin default style for xenforo.

I know that here there are many skin most beautiful than vBulletin default skin, but for our users, at least for some months, would be better to see a known skin.

Can someone help me?

Okay I'm no expert; but vB default style is ugly. But if you must have a vB skin; why not create it yourself for Xenforo? I created a matching style for my setup in like 2 hours flat!

I have to migrate three vbulletin board to xenforo, and I'm searching for vBulletin default style for xenforo.

I know that here there are many skin most beautiful than vBulletin default skin, but for our users, at least for some months, would be better to see a known skin.

Can someone help me?

Which default style did you want? the default vbulletin 2, 3 or 4 theme? It might help getting your request done by somebody.

Giorgino
I think you are very sensible. Some admins who transfer can see their users badly need a rescue from VB and will welcome a change.
But if desperation is not pressuring you I have great respect for user inertia!
Personally I expect to allow up to 3 months of lavishing support on members to ease them through change. A big change like the whole board will be very challenging for a lot of users. Us humans are not programmed to like change except for a few years between 14 and 21 or so. (speaking in typical generalities)
I actually dread making changes for my business members and coaxing, pushing, flattering, bullying and endlessly step by step supporting the user learning curve. I make it as easy as possible and I write amazingly good guides, but still the demand on me and my staff is very wearing around change.
I think sticking to visual cues that say "this is familiar" is a great idea as a transition, visuals being very powerful messages. When you get someone who can do this Giorgino I think the XF community could benefit from the skin being available. There are a LOT of VB4 refugees after all.

Thank you Morgain, our users aren't tech expert, but common people that use a PC for a little part of their day, and the medium age is 50.
Colors, fonts, graphics are all elements that they consider "home".

I hope that someone can help me :)

Thank you Morgain, our users aren't tech expert, but common people that use a PC for a little part of their day, and the medium age is 50.
Colors, fonts, graphics are all elements that they consider "home".

I hope that someone can help me :)
I think if the vBulletin style for XenForo containted vBulletin graphics, it will be illegible for a take-down. It's a guess. There was a vBulletin style for MyBB available, but it was taken down.

I think if the vBulletin style for XenForo containted vBulletin graphics, it will be illegible for a take-down. It's a guess. There was a vBulletin style for MyBB available, but it was taken down.
tbh, licensing shouldn't be an issue, as long as you still have a valid VB license. What will get a style a 'cease and desist' notice from IB's laywers is if the style author includes the graphics in with the style download.

Easy way around it is for users to copy the VB graphics over to a specific folder in XF in conjuction with a VB style.

I have to say, I initially thought of this myself, but at the end of the day, even with a VB skin, its still going to be significantly different anyway and at the end of the day, why cause yourself more grief in the long run with having to redo styles when XF gets updated. There's obviously going to be a change when XF is introduced anyway, so just get all the 'pain' over with in one day.

If anything the correct approach may well be an XF skin for VB....

Reactions: Kim
Top Bottom