Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Do you mean ; I can use this tool with any xenforo version included 1.3.x
Have you make any import with this tool to XF 1.3.x ?
I mean do I need any changes ?

@Slavik
What should i do with this error:
Code:
################################################
### XenForo Big Board vB3/vB4 -> XF Importer ###
### Original version created by Shawn Hogan  ###
### Modified by Slavik and Jake Bunce        ###
### Version Number: 1.2.0                    ###

1 - Posts
2 - Users
3 - Threads
4 - Private Messages
5 - Avatars
6 - Attachments
7 - Forums
8 - Miscellaneous
9 - Everything
Make Selection [1-9]: 1

exporting posts...
An exception occurred: Object of class DigitalPointExporter could not be converted to string in /var/www/xxx/Export.php on line 793
#0 /var/www/xxx/Export.php(793): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Object of class...', '/var/www/xxx...', 793, Array)
#1 /var/www/xxx/Export.php(1887): DigitalPointExporter->posts()
#2 {main}

@Slavik
What should i do with this error:
Code:
### XenForo Big Board vB3/vB4 -> XF Importer ###
### Original version created by Shawn Hogan  ###
### Modified by Slavik and Jake Bunce        ###
### Version Number: 1.2.0                    ###

1 - Posts
2 - Users
3 - Threads
4 - Private Messages
5 - Avatars
6 - Attachments
7 - Forums
8 - Miscellaneous
9 - Everything
Make Selection [1-9]: 1

exporting posts...
An exception occurred: Object of class DigitalPointExporter could not be converted to string in /var/www/xxx/Export.php on line 793
#0 /var/www/xxx/Export.php(793): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Object of class...', '/var/www/xxx...', 793, Array)
#1 /var/www/xxx/Export.php(1887): DigitalPointExporter->posts()
#2 {main}

Never mind. Solved it….

I'm doing my research in preparation of test converting my forum (Threads: 843,547, Posts: 9,067,284, Members: 143,043).

I'll be reading through this thread obviously - but other than purchasing this script and rocking/rolling with it - any must-do things I should do beforehand, other than cleaning out things on the admin side of VB?

I have VBSEO installed, no real crazy addons to VB.

My biggest hurdle will be the fact that my 100+ subforums all have unique color/header schemes - so have to find an easy XF way to clone that process.

Is this importer able to do sequential imports? For example, I want to import my full vB for testing, and once I'm ready, import again - but the second import will only grab new users/posts since the first import date.

Is this importer able to do sequential imports? For example, I want to import my full vB for testing, and once I'm ready, import again - but the second import will only grab new users/posts since the first import date.

No, no importer can unless you don't mind losing any edits or alterations made to posts.

Hi
We are going live with xenforo in few days. We have used big board importer. Right now existing users can login, but no new signupS. Here is the error below we saw in log, when someone is trying to register . I see there are records in xf_user_profile which are not in match with xf_user , does # of records in xf_user_profile match xf_user ?, should there be a case where there’s a user_id in xf_user_profile that is NOT in xf_user ? Please advise we need to get this fixed ASAP.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception:Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '141683' for key 1 -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account,5 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1624): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user_profile', Array)
#4 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1613): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1405): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(281): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#8 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /apps/apache/forum/bh/.v/0.2/xenforo/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(49) "http://xforum.bhsite.com/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(14) {
["username"] => string(13) "jprakyahoo"
["email"] => string(20) "jjprakyahoo@yahoo.com"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
["dob_month"] => string(2) "12"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "31"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1975"
["gender"] => string(6) "female"
["timezone"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(292) "03AHJ_VuvVfrrh5UBr3aq1hEBaXLBL--HWO0R_FwQuhHVq9CbAXAcU06IN7FH23OgQFNyrzkWzsPNo6Qgjv_rjEqghF8usJs7rxqZ6FPvASWhmhSnbzBmd2NiHTMIIiQmcl1zRItokag1z_TgQ7kdbzd5Cmb_7DniVtIcCf9taKEFe2nYmPXLyanF-et1mbPaSARJBGHmaQTmqBf5OesZ1xfECF7tRecQdv8s27V7pPfBsyskDoUSeH13UdFr-jR48T5cvKqxeXogngFgqxaGrQfDlna44dX5IHA"
["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(18) "inclination deceiz"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "df602071c69ce1c281a8f7e98b2594d7"
}
}

Last edited:
Does this have these bugs fixed?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nested-quotes-import-problem.69901/
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/warned-post-status-after-migration.69862/
I'm asking because I see that the last update to this resource was on Dec, 2013.

I'm moving from vBulletin 3.8.5. Will this work on 1.4?

Btw regarding the price:

$30 to Shawn Hogan for the original licensing fee for A.R.F.I
$60 to Slavik for alterations made to support generic vBulletin4 imports
$60 to Jake Bunce for alterations made to support vBulletin3 imports, tidying up a lot of the code and combining everything into 2 amazingly easy to use files.

I'm not interested in the vB4 importer. I suggest you to offer two versions: vB3 and vB4... it's a waste of money to pay the extra $60 for something that I'll not use. This way the price would be:

vB3 importer: $90
vB4 importer: $90

Much better ;)

Last edited:
@Jake Bunce could you please answer at least the technical part:

Thanks.

This big board importer has always imported warnings. It is not affected by the warning bug you referenced.

I have reviewed the bb code replacements in this big board importer. It is not affected by that quote bug either.

It's worth noting that I tried to implement this feature but there was no real time savings, and it introduced problems with post ordering which required rebuilding the thread information which added time to the import process.

Excellent, thanks! I'll wait for 1.4 to finally move from vBulletin... I really hope that you can discuss with @Slavik about the chances of selling two versions: one for vB3 and one for vB4 imports. Thanks!

Top Bottom