Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Hello, I have everything working with the command line mysql commands that fork and fixed it so that it could take passwords with special characters and the like, but I am running into problems with attachments now. I get the following:

324 new attachments

2500 An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

<!-- Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' , 1)' at line 4 -->
I can get past the error by deleting the attachment with attachmentid 2500, but then it just seems to error out on the next one. Can you tell me what causes this error? The lines in the database for ones that work and ones that don't are not inherently different.

Thanks.

Okay, so this has to do with the Xenforo Image system believing that it has made a proper thumbnail, but returning no width or height for said thumbnail. for now, I am just setting those widths and heights to 0 like you guys do in your other failure conditions so that the database queries will move on and not fail. Someone should probably investigate why it does not properly produce thumbnails on these particular attachments or check error conditions on the statement preparation.

We've successfully imported our site after rewriting the script a bit, but the admin accounts from the vb forums have no admin privileges and the import apparently overwrote the existing admin profiles? Can someone private message myself or @BusOLuv with what database setting needs to be edited to elevate an admin profile?

EDIT: superadministrator had to be designated in config.php.

Last edited:
Hey -

So the Export/Import script runs without errors (after doing some troubleshooting), I've imported the usergroups through the xenforo gui prior to running the scripts and mapped them appropriately in the Export script. However after running the rebuild user cache and rebuild forums, there still seems to be some issues. For Example, here is a user on the old vbulletin:
upload_2016-7-8_14-36-59.webp

Here is that same user on xenforo
upload_2016-7-8_14-38-56.webp

It seems to just make user_group_id a 0. Here is my mapping:

public static $groupMap = array(
1 => 1,
2 => 2,
3 => 1,
4 => 1,
5 => 4,
6 => 3,
7 => 4,
8 => 6,
11 => 5,
44 => 8,
45 => 2,
47 => 10,
48 => 11,
49 => 12,
50 => 13,
51 => 14,
52 => 15,
53 => 16,
54 => 17,
55 => 18,
56 => 19,
59 => 20,

Am I missing something here? It should make that a 2 right?

@dustinMason

This might be a problem with column order in your xf_user table. What version of XenForo? Any addons? Is it a fresh install of XF or was it previously upgraded?

This importer expects the column order from a fresh installation of XF.

@Jake Bunce It's a fresh install of the latest version - xenforo_1.5.8_2132390CCB_full.zip with no addons, below is the column order, maybe there is a new column that's been added to the latest version?

upload_2016-7-11_8-49-56.webp

@dustinMason

It appears the Export.php file is missing the activity_visible column. That might be the cause of your problem.

Find this code:

Code:
					fwrite($fp_user, str_replace('\\', '\\\\', "$user[userid]	" . html_entity_decode($user['username']) . "	$user[email]		" . ($user['customtitle'] ? html_entity_decode($user['usertitle']) : '') . "	1	0	" . $importModel->resolveTimeZoneOffset($user['timezoneoffset'], $user['options'] & 64) . "	1	$user[usergroupid]	$user[membergroupids]	$userGroupDisplay	$permissionComboId	$user[posts]	$user[pmunread]	$user[joindate]	$user[lastactivity]	0	0	$user[avatar_date]	192	192		" . ($user['usergroupid'] == 1 ? 'email_confirm' : 'valid') . "	" . ($user['usergroupid'] == 4 ? '1' : '0') . "	" . ($user['usergroupid'] == 3 ? '1' : '0') . "	" . ($is_banned ? 1 : 0) . "	$user[like_count]	$user[ipoints]	" . (($user['usergroupid'] == 4 OR $user['usergroupid'] == 3) ? '1' : '0')) . "\n");

Replace it with this:

Code:
					fwrite($fp_user, str_replace('\\', '\\\\', "$user[userid]	" . html_entity_decode($user['username']) . "	$user[email]		" . ($user['customtitle'] ? html_entity_decode($user['usertitle']) : '') . "	1	0	" . $importModel->resolveTimeZoneOffset($user['timezoneoffset'], $user['options'] & 64) . "	1	1	$user[usergroupid]	$user[membergroupids]	$userGroupDisplay	$permissionComboId	$user[posts]	$user[pmunread]	$user[joindate]	$user[lastactivity]	0	0	$user[avatar_date]	192	192		" . ($user['usergroupid'] == 1 ? 'email_confirm' : 'valid') . "	" . ($user['usergroupid'] == 4 ? '1' : '0') . "	" . ($user['usergroupid'] == 3 ? '1' : '0') . "	" . ($is_banned ? 1 : 0) . "	$user[like_count]	$user[ipoints]	" . (($user['usergroupid'] == 4 OR $user['usergroupid'] == 3) ? '1' : '0')) . "\n");

I have problem. What is this error
PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: DigitalPointExporter::$avatarFile in /var/www/html/Export.php on line 1515

EMPTY BATCH (no 'post' attachments in range)

84 new attachments
68848 PHP Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: DigitalPointExporter::$attachFile in /var/www/html/Export.php on line 1297
root@server100:/var/www/html#

@michael24179

$avatarFile and $attachFile should be declared near the top of the class. Did you remove them?

Code:
	// VB'S STORAGE DIRECTORIES
	// IF EMPTY ('') THEN IT LOOKS TO THE DATABASE FOR THE FILE DATA
	public static $avatarFile = '/home/sites/yoursite/public_html/forums/customavatars/';
	public static $profilePicFile = '/home/sites/yoursite/public_html/forums/customprofilepics/';
	public static $attachFile = '/home/sites/yoursite/attachments/';

Hello,

Does the script convert the data charset, from example latin1 to UTF8 as the charset used in XenForo is UTF8

Thanks

Hello,

Does the script convert the data charset, from example latin1 to UTF8 as the charset used in XenForo is UTF8

Thanks

Yes. That is what this setting is for:

Code:
	// '| iconv -f LATIN1 -t UTF8'
	public static $extraOutCommand = '| iconv -f LATIN1 -t UTF8';

Considering purchasing this. Are the instructions in the first post still valid? Or do you have updated detailed list of steps ? Can I do this on a fresh install of 1.5.9 or do I need to download an older version, then upgrade after the import is done?

Does this script work in php 7?
Thanks!

Considering purchasing this. Are the instructions in the first post still valid? Or do you have updated detailed list of steps ? Can I do this on a fresh install of 1.5.9 or do I need to download an older version, then upgrade after the import is done?

Does this script work in php 7?
Thanks!

Same instructions. It should work on a fresh 1.5 install.

I haven't tested it on PHP7.

...the admin accounts from the vb forums have no admin privileges and the import apparently overwrote the existing admin profiles?...

EDIT: superadministrator had to be designated in config.php.
I found that even if the superAdmins is set in the config.php file, is_admin must still be set to 1 in the xf_user table after each import.

I found that even if the superAdmins is set in the config.php file, is_admin must still be set to 1 in the xf_user table after each import.

Correct.

I do seem to remember a few instances where is_admin wasn't set during the import. In that situation just manually set that field and your previous admin permissions will apply.

Top Bottom