Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
The users have "is_admin" and "is_moderator" fields as "1" in their xf_user table.
No users have their "is_admin" or "is_moderator" field set to "1" in the xf_user table of my database even though many are moderators or admins. What could be wrong with my import or setup?

Does the Big Board Importer normally import is_moderator and is_admin settings? If not, what is the best way of setting these correctly for multiple test imports? Manually through the admin control panel each time I do an import, even for many moderators?

Last edited:
...What could be wrong with my import or setup?

Does the Big Board Importer normally import is_moderator and is_admin settings? If not, what is the best way of setting these correctly for multiple test imports? Manually through the admin control panel each time I do an import, even for many moderators?
The issue is that only the vBulletin Primary Users (i.e. usergroupid in user table) is checked by the Export.php script for admin or mod membership. If you preemptively move all users to Registered Users for their Primary user group (as generally recommended in Xenforo) in vBulletin before migration, their imported is_admin/is_moderator setting will not be correct since Additional Users (i.e. membergroupids) is not checked for admin/mod membership.

Additionally, the permission_combination_id in the xf_user table may be incorrect since the union of Primary user groups with Additional user groups is coded incorrectly.

To correct both of these, change
Code:
$groups = array($user['usergroupid']) + explode(',', $user['membergroupids']);
to
Code:
$groups = array_unique(array_merge(array($user['usergroupid']),explode(',', $user['membergroupids'])));
and
Code:
fwrite($fp_user, str_replace('\\', '\\\\', "$user[userid]    " . html_entity_decode($user['username']) . "    $user[email]        " . ($user['customtitle'] ? html_entity_decode($user['usertitle']) : '') . "    1    0    " . $importModel->resolveTimeZoneOffset($user['timezoneoffset'], $user['options'] & 64) . "    1    1    $user[usergroupid]    $user[membergroupids]    $userGroupDisplay    $permissionComboId    $user[posts]    $user[pmunread]    $user[joindate]    $user[lastactivity]    0    0    $user[avatar_date]    192    192        " . ($user['usergroupid'] == 1 ? 'email_confirm' : 'valid') . "    " . ($user['usergroupid'] == 4 ? '1' : '0') . "    " . ($user['usergroupid'] == 3 ? '1' : '0') . "    " . ($is_banned ? 1 : 0) . "    $user[like_count]    $user[ipoints]    " . (($user['usergroupid'] == 4 OR $user['usergroupid'] == 3) ? '1' : '0')) . "\n");
to
Code:
fwrite($fp_user, str_replace('\\', '\\\\', "$user[userid]    " . html_entity_decode($user['username']) . "    $user[email]        " . ($user['customtitle'] ? html_entity_decode($user['usertitle']) : '') . "    1    0    " . $importModel->resolveTimeZoneOffset($user['timezoneoffset'], $user['options'] & 64) . "    1    1    $user[usergroupid]    $user[membergroupids]    $userGroupDisplay    $permissionComboId    $user[posts]    $user[pmunread]    $user[joindate]    $user[lastactivity]    0    0    $user[avatar_date]    192    192        " . ($user['usergroupid'] == 1 ? 'email_confirm' : 'valid') . "    " . (in_array(4, $groups) ? '1' : '0') . "    " . (in_array(3, $groups) ? '1' : '0') . "    " . ($is_banned ? 1 : 0) . "    $user[like_count]    $user[ipoints]    " . ((in_array(3, $groups) OR in_array(4, $groups)) ? '1' : '0')) . "\n");
These should be done together since the second uses the corrected $groups from the first. Of course you could recode the second using other variables...

Last edited:
I have six LinkForum(s). They are shown in both xf_link.txt and xf_node.txt. However, they do not appear in the node tree after import. How should I fix this?

I have six LinkForum(s). They are shown in both xf_link.txt and xf_node.txt. However, they do not appear in the node tree after import. How should I fix this?

It should be xf_link_forum.txt. Check the xf_link_forum table in your XF database to make sure the records made it into there.

Also try rebuilding the forum info:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Forum Information

Yes, that's what I meant: xf_link_forum.txt, not xf_link.txt. Also, I forgot to say that oddly one of the six did make it into the node tree.
The xf_link_forum table does contain them. The xf_node.txt file contains them as well, but the xf_node table does not (except for that one).

The xf_node.txt file contains them as well, but the xf_node table does not (except for that one).

There might be a problem during the import. Did the import process output any errors relating to xf_node? The import script should contain this line which imports the node records:

Code:
importTable('xf_node');

If that line is missing, commented, or otherwise different then it may affect the result.

I'm sorry if my questions are redundant but this is an exceedingly long thread and I can't read through 56 pages to find my answers:

1. I read your guide but it's unclear to me how usergroups, moderator permissions are imported using this tool. It appears to me that I have to run the standard importer to generate a database with the tables I need to copy over. Is taht accurate? I have over 1 million posts and I suppose I assumed this tool was designed to save me time in importing. I have a number of usergroups and moderators as well as custom user fields. What's the best way to make sure I get those copied over?

2. Do you have any recommendations about how to copy blog entries over?

3. How do I import media galleries?

I know I'm asking you guys a lot. If you link to other threads that's great but I'm in a bit of a hurry with some vBulletin problems so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I've read the guide. My concern is that the first step of the migration requires taht I re-created usergroups, moderation permissions, and custom user fields. It states that I can copy these over from the standard vB importer utility.

1. My concern is that I have a number of custom usergroups and my permissions for forums are tied to those usergroups. If the usergroups are created will your importer copy over all the usergroups associated with a particular user?
2. Will the importer copy over all the data inside a customer user field if I re-create all the customer user-fields?
3. Is there a way to generate the tables using the standard importer without having to go through the hours of a migration in the standard importer?

1. Yes. "However, user group settings of users, as opposed to creation and characteristics of user groups, exist in the xf_user table. The xf_user table is overwritten each import."
2. No. "If you want to migrate custom user field values you must configure lines that look like this..."
3. Not without extensive custom programming.

@michael24179

$avatarFile and $attachFile should be declared near the top of the class. Did you remove them?

Code:
    // VB'S STORAGE DIRECTORIES
    // IF EMPTY ('') THEN IT LOOKS TO THE DATABASE FOR THE FILE DATA
    public static $avatarFile = '/home/sites/yoursite/public_html/forums/customavatars/';
    public static $profilePicFile = '/home/sites/yoursite/public_html/forums/customprofilepics/';
    public static $attachFile = '/home/sites/yoursite/attachments/';

Hi Jake,

How would we handle file-based attachments and avatart if they are on a separate server from the Xenforo installation?

Hi Jake,

How would we handle file-based attachments and avatart if they are on a separate server from the Xenforo installation?

They really need to be on the same server. In cases where they aren't I have always manually copied them over for the purpose of the import.

Hello, In attempting to perform the export, we are getting the following errors. We are attempting to export from a VB installation in one database into a clean XF database. We also have two different vhosts for the VB and XF installations of the forum. When running the Export from the XF directory, I get the following errors. Do I need to add anything to the config to direct the Export to the old VB vhost directory? Is there something else we need to do.

performing avatar diff...

10,585 users with new avatars

<pre>

chmod: cannot access ‘data/avatars/s/0/*.*’: No such file or directory

<pre>

chmod: cannot access ‘data/avatars/m/0/*.*’: No such file or directory

<pre>

chmod: cannot access ‘data/avatars/l/0/*.*’: No such file or directory

Total time for avatars: 2.54s

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.​

Hello, data IS 777. The old bulletin directories and the Xenforo directories are completely separate directories. Should something from the vBulletin directories be moved into the Xenforo directory where the Export.php is run?

Somewhere along the line my vb3 thread rewrites stopped working - when you click on them they result in Server 500 errors. Would I be able to get someone to take a look at a post on my site and recommend the htaccess rewrite code and where this code should reside in the file and in the directories? I'm running XF 1.5 if that matters. Here's an example post:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/wire-tuck-how-tos.414500/#post-152729896

Would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom