Resource icon

vBulletin 5 to Xenforo Importer 1.1.414.1

No permission to download
Error shown:
ERROR 1364 (HY000): Field 'tags' doesn't have a default value

This looks like it's caused by below line in the query:

('85', '9', 'Available: Custom asset [B]tags/[/B]property of labels', '5', '1056', '17', 'usergoeshere', '1294806364', '0', 'visible', '1', '', '115', '0', '1295540047', '16468', '17', 'usergoeshere', '0')

If I remove 'tags/' from the query, this error goes away. The next error to come up is below:

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Converting threads Clearing old info Finished Cycle 1 of 20 INSERT INTO `site_xen' at line 1 mysql>

Last edited:
Odd again. But easy to fix.
Either go to the DB and set tag to have a default
Or
line 804/805 (Close to there after your edits)
`node_id`,
`title`,

under 'title', add the line
'tag',

Then got to 842/843
'".$forum_conversion[$row['parentid']]."',
'".$mysqli_xf->real_escape_string(htmlspecialchars_decode($row['title']))."',
and under at the line
'',

Save and run again.

the '' is two single quotes just in case it looks like " a single double quote.

You said you removed the 'tags/' The trailing stash / was an expression that mysql used.
The word tags wasn't the issue :) It was the field named tags. That was the contents of a field called 'title' that happened to have the word tags in it. So when you removed the tags/ you broke the formatting of the query. Confusing I know but I think I made sense.. Or maybe not :)

That's clear now, thanks!

Next up: Attachments. I had to manually create the 'default' attachments directory to avoid a 'not found' error. Now we get through 5 iterations of attachment conversion (in batches of 100), until we stop. There is no error reported, just the various "Notice: Undefined offset: 171 in <path>/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 1543". What logging would be useful here to understand why we're stopping on cycle 5?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Dear Necrophyte,
I'm writing from Italy and I'm trying to convert a VB5 forum to xenforo with your app...
I've a lot of problems, every time I'm clicking on "convert" the browser change to the root page of the forum (i'm in a sandbox and different database obviously) and said that the 's not found... then I'm restoring the correct address... I see your app again with a lot of errors ...
There's any way I could show you the configuration of the app?
Tks' a lot
Andrea

Looks like the attachments are all copied over successfully. Has anyone looked at cases where forum posts have in line attachments? Those currently show a link to the attachment location on the older site, as opposed to an in line preview / link to the attachment in the new site.

Is that something that could be converted over as well, in posts?

@Necrophyte , Thanks you so much for this resource.

Looks like this is not designed to migrate user avatars?
I just migrated my vb5 to xf but avatars are not migrated please correct me if i'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

That would be correct. I felt since the user needs to change their password, just uploading a new avatar was a lot easier.
However, I haven't looked at that system in a long time. If you wanted to pm me a couple examples of your vBulletin.avatar table. I could take a look into seeing if I could just write a query that would convert it for you. Then you can just copy the files over and it should work.

Necrophyte submitted a new resource:

VB5 to Xenforo Converter - Import vBulletin 5 to Xenforo

Read more about this resource...

Is there any news or updates on this tool? I am trying to convert a vBulletin 5.3.4 forum to Xenforo 2.0.1 now in January 2018. So far, I have not been able to get it to work. Then again, I am not sure I have entered everything correctly in the "convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php" file. I am new to Xenforo and would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks!

I typically try to help out as much as I can. I have this on my watch list so I typically respond as fast as I can. What errors are you seeing? Are you getting as far as the screen that shows what you have? I how many posts users etc... or is it just a blank screen?
Typically it's a database issue. Have you done the base install for Xenforo?

Thanks. I did install a clean brand new version of Xenforo (this is my first license and intro to XF) and it passes the file health tool. The site is located here: https://new.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/ I have tried to configure the convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php with the correct info and it is located here: https://new.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php and I get a blank screen. My vBulletin site is located on the same server/IP. I am hosted on a cloud server and sometimes the "Paths" are challenging to get right, especially if they need to be full from the root. I am pretty sure that my VB and XF database settings are correct. What additional info do you need? Much appreciated.

Thanks. I did install a clean brand new version of Xenforo (this is my first license and intro to XF) and it passes the file health tool. The site is located here: https://new.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/ I have tried to configure the convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php with the correct info and it is located here: https://new.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php and I get a blank screen. My vBulletin site is located on the same server/IP. I am hosted on a cloud server and sometimes the "Paths" are challenging to get right, especially if they need to be full from the root. I am pretty sure that my VB and XF database settings are correct. What additional info do you need? Much appreciated.
So the php file should be in the directory before the forum so just one directory up. You should be able to access it from just your .com/convert blah blah . php
Forgive me not typing it out. I'm on a phone at the moment. But.. That wouldn't stop the database connection. From what I see its just a blank screen. You'll want to turn on php error checking. I'm not home at the moment so I'm not sure what the is. But it's something like ini php _ error = 1 or something along those lines. Faster https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1053424/how-do-i-get-php-errors-to-display
Has how to set this up. Just put this after the database info. There should be something else that has setini or something close to it. This will turn on errors for this only. And then we can find out what is happening.

Thanks again. I've moved the convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php file to one level up. I've created a php.ini file in the forum directory - is that where it goes? I've inserted code in the php.ini file that I found on stackoverflow as follows:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);
display_errors = on

I've also entered

// Report all PHP errors
error_reporting(-1);

Right after the define VB DB settings in your php file.

I still get a blank page at https://new.newbonnevilleriders.com/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php

I connected with my ISP tech support and found where I can access the apache error logs. These are the erros created this morning when I tried to run the PHP script.

[Wed Jan 24 03:47:32.845350 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 19121] [client 127.0.0.1:37370] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 131\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 131\n', referer: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-5-to-xenforo-importer.126290/page-10
[Wed Jan 24 11:19:39.319674 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2264] [client 127.0.0.1:57740] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 131\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 131\n'
[Wed Jan 24 11:30:27.137159 2018] [autoindex:error] [pid 2549] [client 127.0.0.1:58096] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,default.php,index.html,default.html) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
[Wed Jan 24 11:55:16.330032 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 3362] [client 127.0.0.1:59030] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\n'
[Wed Jan 24 11:55:19.532998 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 3364] [client 127.0.0.1:59032] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\n'
[Wed Jan 24 11:55:38.945927 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 3385] [client 127.0.0.1:59046] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\n'
[Wed Jan 24 12:15:52.199248 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 4330] [client 127.0.0.1:59896] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 135\n'

I've discovered from my ISP that I don't need any special code to report errors. It is already implemented on my platform and available to me via my SFTP account. So, I removed all the "extra" code that I had created and just ran the script again in my browser. Here is the error that was recorded.

[Wed Jan 24 12:37:29.333591 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 5099] [client 127.0.0.1:60812] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 134\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 134\n'

It seems that the script is looking for a file here: /forum/library/Xenforo/Autoloader.php

My site does not have that file in it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 6.42.50 AM (2).webp
    Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 6.42.50 AM (2).webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
My database charset is uft8... do I need to comment out the static variables mentioned in your PHP file? I tried doing this (commented out the xf and vb lines and ran script.

[Wed Jan 24 13:08:26.730450 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 6333] [client 127.0.0.1:33934] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: require_once(/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 134\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/'/home/94079.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/137258.cloudwaysapps.com/scbuekeedq/public_html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 134\n'

Which version of Xenforo are you using? Did you grab 2.0? This script is for the 1.5.x Version. 2.0 came out after this script. I have not really used 2.0. So if you did. That's not a bad thing.
Get the latest 1.5.x. Run my script. Once you have everything done. You can upgrade to 2.0.
However if that's not what you've done. Your missing a lot of files in your library folder. I'd suggest downloading again and copy the files over.

Per my first post... "I am trying to convert a vBulletin 5.3.4 forum to Xenforo 2.0.1" -- I just purchased Xenforo yesterday. Can I download version 1.5.16a, or does it need to be 1.5.12? I will then install a new clean full install and see if this works... per your suggestion.

Top Bottom