vBulletin 4 to XenForo Importer [Deleted]

Adam Howard

TheVisitors submitted a new resource:

vBulletin 4 to XenForo Importer (version 3.5) - Import vBulletin 4 Forum or Suite into XenForo

Read more about this resource...

I would 1st need the authors permission to do so. And the importer the author has developed is for vBulletin 3.x. This importer is for vBulletin 4.x If we get an OK from the author, we'd need a few coders who own vBSEO and wouldn't mind testing.

However....

For only the time being though, just as a temporary place holder so that nothing gets lost upon the thread locks and so others can still reply and discuss this.

I'll attach it to this post (only), but with the full reserve that the author may message me and I will remove it without question. And that it is understood until the author OK's anything, that this attachment is NOT open source or part of the release.

Instructions for vBSEO Likes Import (vBulletin 3.x ONLY):

Credit:

ragtek
http://xenforo.com/community/members/ragtek.82/

True. However I've seen that some users here used Ragtek's add-on in vB4 migration (with a little modification)

This is good. Now to get over the hill.... I don't currently own vBSEO. So this is something I'll need some help on.

Good reason why this is Open Source;)

I can test the migration for you (us). I've to migrate two vBSEO/vB4 boards to XenForo in these days... ;)
Don't ask me to manage the code. I don't have the knowledge :(

What version(s) of Xenforo will this import into from what version(s) of vBulletin? At one point, it was said that existing import utilities would not work with Xenforo/vBulletin past a certain point.

What version(s) of Xenforo will this import into from what version(s) of vBulletin? At one point, it was said that existing import utilities would not work with Xenforo/vBulletin past a certain point.

This has been tested using vBulletin 4.1.10 (current) and XenForo 1.1.12 (current). Did a quick test and so far, it also seems to work with vBulletin 4.1.11 Beta and I would suspect it may also work with vBulletin 4.1.12

The version that "maybe" a game changer could be vBulletin 4.2 as they "claim" a lot will be changed. Keep in mind though that it will be a few months (Spring / Summer 2012) before vBulletin has that out though.

Found one glitch:
all the apostrophes seem to have been replaced by "’"

I had to log into phpMyAdmin and run this query:
Code:
UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = REPLACE(message, "’", "'");
to fix this...

curious i found a weird glitch as i migrated all my cms articles over but it does not have the correct author at all. It has someone that commented and his comment was erased also. Anyone know how i can fix this or how to move just the cms articles back in only?

Found one glitch:
all the apostrophes seem to have been replaced by "’"

I had to log into phpMyAdmin and run this query:
Code:
UPDATE `xf_post` SET `message` = REPLACE(message, "’", "'");
to fix this...

I find that to be a random effect anytime you port over another forum software. The cause really is unknown. The solution is doing as you have done (thanks for providing that) or attempting the import again.

curious i found a weird glitch as i migrated all my cms articles over but it does not have the correct author at all. It has someone that commented and his comment was erased also. Anyone know how i can fix this or how to move just the cms articles back in only?

I can not confirm this.

I've done several test imports (5) on my site and helped import 2 other sites (7 total) without this issue.

If you need any assistance with the migrations, give me a shout :)

If you could help find solution that would be wonderful.

As stated above, I don't own vbSEO. And so someone was kind enough to let me play around with things on their test site. They made a few inquires and needless to say, vbSEO was less than helpful when they discovered what the plan was and that someone else (me) was accessing the software.

So at this moment, production has come to a halt for importing vbSEO likes or re-writes.

I can not confirm this.

I've done several test imports (5) on my site and helped import 2 other sites (7 total) without this issue.

Is there any way to just run the import script for cms articles again. I tried to do that but it wanted me to do users, usergroups, everything before hand.

Is there any way to just run the import script for cms articles again. I tried to do that but it wanted me to do users, usergroups, everything before hand.

Sadly.... No.

This is true for any importer on any system (XenForo, vBulletin, phpBB, IPB).

Importing is a process that needs to be followed through in an orderly fashion.

Converting anything is a little like voodoo magic since technically no forum software is made to be converted (vBulletin is no exception, as they'd wish no one ever left). I can still remember when it was impossible to convert X into any Y.

Top Bottom