• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

there are still some issues
  • there are some duplicate threads
  • the forum doesn't recoginze any of the users posts. when i visit any profile i can't find the posts of the user
thats it for now

there are still some issues
  • there are some duplicate threads
  • the forum doesn't recoginze any of the users posts. when i visit any profile i can't find the posts of the user
thats it for now
Without the ability to replicate issues, little can be done about them.

Tried to do a test import of my vB4 database into XenForo tonight and got this at about 900 - 1000 users (out of 10k) imported:

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: about

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 753
   2. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 659
   3. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 457
   4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
   5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 152
   6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 101
   7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
   8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
   9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /Users/MyName/Sites/MySite/forum/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?

Just some feedback.
Everything imported ok except twice now it stopped with an error during importing the private messages.
I've downloaded the latest version of the script and its continuing ok now :)

I'm on roughly 8-9 hours importing 73,000 private messages. I had some connection timeout issues initially, but my server admins have made changes to alleviate those issues.

I just noticed yesterday that quotes do not import correctly. There is no link to original post in the quote header (upwards pointing arrow).

after importing it looks like this:

blackcatstudio;53161 said:

If the quoted post has been imported, it should update the link, otherwise it cant - as it wont know the new post number.

One thing I noticed is the subforum user permissions weren't carried over.
What do you mean ?

Forum/Usergroup permissions should get converted correctly (as best as is possible). Individual custom user permissions will not be carried over.

Yes the subforum usergroup permission did not get carried over as far as I can tell. I have a private section that doesn't show up, on checking the permissions none have been set except for the parent.
This was using the original script so im not sure if anything has been changed or not. You're more than welcome to come on and have a look for yourself.

The forum import code is the original 3.8 (XF Supplied) code, unchanged. I assume it all works as it should, it seems to for me.
Remember that Sub forums inherit their parent permissions (in XF and vBulletin) so they arent going to be specifically set unless they are different.

Just a quick question on how long this import should take. I've got a board with over 100k members, 73000 PM's and 39000 threads. I'm at about roughly 36 hours and still not finished. Is this normal?

Top Bottom