• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Hi Paul,

I noticed that you started testing a fix for the inline attachment tags and that it seems to me that you modified the Import.php file to get the job done, have you had any success on doing it? I noticed this while working on my own solution (creating a new step called "Fix Inline Attachments"), and then i figured there were a few related lines of code like the processAttachmentTags function that should get called with the modified Import.php

thanks.

//Edit: Never mind, i was working with 1.0.0 Import.php. Newest xenforo's Import.php has the right lines to make the calls. I thought it was something you were working internally :)

hi,

i found some issues with the usergroup / users for working together with another application.
would it create problems if i reimport the vb4 users and usergroups after running xenforo already a few days?

thanks for your opinions! ;)

cheers
thorsten

hi,

i found some issues with the usergroup / users for working together with another application.
would it create problems if i reimport the vb4 users and usergroups after running xenforo already a few days?

thanks for your opinions! ;)

cheers
thorsten

please ignore - I've found another solution :)

Hmm, there's been an improvement with the latest 1.0.1 Import.php and the inline attachments fix, although it's a fix, it's only a partial one afaik, as it doesn't work on quoted posts (it only works on the same postid the attachments were inserted to).

Will try something new and post back with the results if i manage to get a slightly better solution.

Yes, it it quite limited in its functionality, but I only had time to add it as supplied by XF.

v1.49 released for XF 1.0.1
Hi Paul,

We had problems connecting to the database (Error: The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user...), so we did this fix (we removed spaces between ''):

PHP:
$viewParams = array('input' => array
                                (
                                        'MasterServer' => array
                                        (
                                                'servername' => 'localhost',
                                                'port' => 3306,
                                                'username' => '',
                                                'password' => '',
                                        ),
                                        'Database' => array
                                        (
                                                'dbname' => '',
                                                'tableprefix' => ''
                                        ),
                                        'Mysqli' => array
                                        (
                                                'charset' => ''
                                        ),
                                ));

I think you should consider making this change in the next version.

Now, off to importing a very large forum.... :)

Those spaces were there for a reason, and didnt affect my ability to connect. Im not currently planning to remove them.

Thanks for that post. I was having the issues connecting to my DB. This method worked for me. Also thanks to Paul for the importer!

Thanks for that post. I was having the issues connecting to my DB. This method worked for me. Also thanks to Paul for the importer!
I'm glad it helped.

I know the suffering. I've lost nearly 2 hours before noticing there was extra space in the credentials field. After removing it, everything went smooth and the import was successful:)

Since I dont wish to remove the spaces, Ive added a trim to the values to strip any spaces when the form is submitted.

I fixed the error I mentioned above and the script now runs but fails to make a mysql connection, checked mysql details and tested them elsewhere and they are fine.

Apart from the obvious typo, which Ive fixed (and uploaded), it works fine for me, even if I put in 20 spaces each side of the credentials.

What is the full message ?

Apart from the obvious typo, which Ive fixed (and uploaded), it works fine for me, even if I put in 20 spaces each side of the credentials.

What is the full message ?

Cheers Paul,

Not sure what was going on but I have downloaded your amended version and it's working fine for me now.

I've tried this but it keeps failing on the database password. I'm running it on XAMPP 1.7.4 on my local machine, with the user root and the password password.
The import worked using the built in 3.7/3.8 importer, but the 4.0 importer generated around 8 error lines and gave up. Any ideas?

I get this:

Server Error

Access denied for user ' root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 459
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 808
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php at line 59
  4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->configure() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php at line 56
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom