• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

OK, still no answer: That third-party modification posted here. Is it a complete vBulletin 4 importer, or what? Just trying to plan my strategy when I buy two more licenses and do forum conversions.

OK, still no answer: That third-party modification posted here. Is it a complete vBulletin 4 importer, or what? Just trying to plan my strategy when I buy two more licenses and do forum conversions.
Uh, he did reply above.
This is not a separate add-on. This is just Paul vb4 importer with a fix applied.
That probably means that you may use the file simunaqv has attached since it is basically Paul's importer with a fix applied.

ok, so just to make sure I understand what is going on here --

1) Paul M has turned his (great) work over to the community, b/c he can no longer maintain it.

2) King K is going to work from his own code base to try to come up with a solution independent of the one that exists

3) The core developers are aware of the current lack of a supported solution, and will also be working on one (?) ETA... some time in The Future?

thanks!

The first two are correct.

I cannot really answer no. 3 - obviously they are aware, but I dont know their plans.

ok, so just to make sure I understand what is going on here --

1) Paul M has turned his (great) work over to the community, b/c he can no longer maintain it.

2) King K is going to work from his own code base to try to come up with a solution independent of the one that exists

3) The core developers are aware of the current lack of a supported solution, and will also be working on one (?) ETA... some time in The Future?

thanks!
As Paul said, I am working on an independent solution for several reasons that can't be revealed just yet... You'll see them soon enough.

Can I downgrade from xenforo 1.1.03 beta to xenforo 1.04 then import vbulletin 4.1.7 over to xenforo 1.04 then after I'm done upgrade back to xenforo 1.1.03 beta?

Oh wait nevermind, that's only if I already have xenforo installed on that site which I do not so I am safe.

That means I can download xenforo 1.04 and install that then use his importer.

After I do that, THEN I can upgrade to xf 1.1.03 beta.

I have a better question. Does the modified vB 4 import tool posted here, with support for prefixes, work with vB 4, or is what the person above is asking still required?

What about other solutions? Progress?

I have a better question. Does the modified vB 4 import tool posted here, with support for prefixes, work with vB 4, or is what the person above is asking still required?

What about other solutions? Progress?
Paul's importer was not updated for anything included in XF 1.1. I'm hoping to have a beta soon.

So I ran the importer and it imported everything fine except for two things. It seems to be in an endless loop trying to import blogs. Only way to end it is to click the Import External Data breadcrumb. The other thing is attachments. The import button for this is greyed out and I'm stuck without any attachments being brought over. They are stored in the file system in vB. Will I have to move them to the database? I saw posts both ways about this, so not sure which way to go.

Thanks!

So I ran the importer and it imported everything fine except for two things. It seems to be in an endless loop trying to import blogs. Only way to end it is to click the Import External Data breadcrumb. The other thing is attachments. The import button for this is greyed out and I'm stuck without any attachments being brought over. They are stored in the file system in vB. Will I have to move them to the database? I saw posts both ways about this, so not sure which way to go.

Thanks!
I didn't even bother trying to do it again. smh

Gotta do it manually after it's all over bro.

I bet it's something on vbulletin's side.

Top Bottom