• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

I'm running into just one issue. I used the original vB 4 importer, with XF 1.0.4. Everything seemed to transfer properly (I don't use custom prefixes), except for the avatars. Some copied, some didn't. Obviously, I'm not going to go through the process of reimporting over 100,000 messages all over again, but is there a fix or workaround for this? The vB's avatars were all in the database, not in the file system.

Given that Paul is no longer working on this we'll probably have to wait for an official importer now. :-/

So I ran the importer and it imported everything fine except for two things. It seems to be in an endless loop trying to import blogs. Only way to end it is to click the Import External Data breadcrumb. The other thing is attachments. The import button for this is greyed out and I'm stuck without any attachments being brought over. They are stored in the file system in vB. Will I have to move them to the database? I saw posts both ways about this, so not sure which way to go.

Thanks!

I've had several attempts at importing my data at this point. I can get everything to import consistently except for attachments - The import button stays greyed out and it says that "This step cannot be run yet". Any tips as to what I'm doing wrong? I've verified that my path to the attachments directory is correct, outside of that I'm not sure what to try.

As I recall, it wont allow you to run it until the blogs step has sucessfully run, as attachments can belong to blogs.

That was it - I don't have any worthwhile blog content outside of some test posts so I never imported them. Thanks Paul!

Hello, I'm having the "Duplicated user" problem while importing from vB to Xenforo.

It happens continuously so renaming users is not an option as we have +150.000, and they won't be able to login.

The thing is the importer seems to clean all the special characters from the usernames, so different usernames become the same, such as:

iceman$
ice.man
ice-man

become "iceman", and of course this causes the username to be duplicated.

The encoding on both databases is utf8_general_ci, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Can anybody help us?

Just as a wild guess, make sure that both the tables and the text fields within them are also UTF-8. All of those should be in agreement or you might have issues.

Does anyone have feedback on how long this importer takes to run?

I am starting to convert a backup of the live database containing about 925K threads, 6.9M posts, 165K members and Import Users is running at about 1.5% per minute! Yikes!

Want to get a feel of how lengthy the conversion process is as we are evaluating moving to XenForo.

If it helps...

To import 240k threads with 2.25m posts it took: 7 hours 2 minutes 7.33 seconds

To import 68,291 users, 36 minutes

There's obviously attachments etc... but hopefully that will give you some idea :)

Dave.

Here are my times so far ...

165K members - 1 hr 10 mins

It is now crunching away at the threads/posts and after 1.5 hrs, its at 4% ... so I should be done in another 36 hours!!!!!

Thats the one I am using. 1.1.o and the importer for it, but it is based off of, 1.0. So I figured I might be able to get help in here, since the other doesnt have any replies.

Top Bottom