• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer To XenForo 1.1

I'm in the process of testing an import from my (rather small) vB4 forum, but it seems to have gone perfectly.

Thank you for this!

What about Social groups, Social group images, and Albums? Do you plan to add them to the importer or not?

And import them into what exactly? Just a random table or something to preserve the data? As there is no native xF Equivalent of those features.

And import them into what exactly? Just a random table or something to preserve the data? As there is no native xF Equivalent of those features.
XFR Albums can utilize imported vB albums.
XFR Albums is not Core code, but everyone using vB albums would want the option to be able to use XFR albums.

Right, so that was my point. Two different ideas of what to import into. ;) So... who's "right", should both solutions be created (and supported), etc. Personally, I think duplicating the tables/data would be enough. That way, if/when there is something in xF (or even a mod, as mentioned XFR), that author can then choose to write an actual importer for their mod, from the original tables.

So again, that's yet another idea. =) I don't believe importing should be done into a specific mod (from this importer) because that puts an expectation and reliability onto that 3'rd party mod. threads/attachments or raw tables I think would be the best. But, just my opinion like everyone else's. heh

Running this import has no effect on the current VBulletin database right? Ive had Xenfor up just to learn and play around with, no content yet ... but I figured I'd do a test import just to see how it works. I just want to make sure it won't effect my current production Vbulletin Database?

Running this import has no effect on the current VBulletin database right? Ive had Xenfor up just to learn and play around with, no content yet ... but I figured I'd do a test import just to see how it works. I just want to make sure it won't effect my current production Vbulletin Database?
It reads only.

I uploaded the folders but when I try to install the XML in my addon area I get this error:

Please enter a valid callback method.

Ok, and let me start off by saying this is my first conversion so I'm a newb ;) AND I did google this error and can't find anything. I get to the attachment and customavatars validation (folders are there in my vbulletin directory) but it says they can't find them when I run the import ?

• The attachments directory could not be found.
  • The avatars directory could not be found.

I got it though :) For some reason it preloads with just ./ instead of ../ I thought both would work but I suppose no.

Top Bottom