Duplicate vBSEO vs XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phiras

Hi

vBSEO is the best SEO plugin ever , used only to optimize vBulletin

why not to copy some of it's best features and paste those features in xF ?

or would you program xFSEO for XenForo ?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
xF is well known because of it's stability PLUS lightness (at the same time)

why not to make known for it's SEO power as well as (the above) ?

SEO is already integrated into XenForo. It's not require for us to depend on other software. We know for fact it would always be supported.

@Rigel Kentaurus : you're correct , XenForo is already well-optimized , but why not to make more optimized ?

@kkm323 : but it's not SEO'd enough !

@Rigel Kentaurus : you're correct , XenForo is already well-optimized , but why not to make more optimized ?

@kkm323 : but it's not SEO'd enough !
Judging by how well Google indexes various XenForo installations, I'd have to say your assumption of XenForo being "not SEO'd enough" is incorrect. There's various examples of how XenForo excels at being indexed properly by search engines.

Examples, please.
The only thing I miss, ist that I can't rename the identifiers like forum s, threads, etc. for other languages.

My opinion is that much of what vBSEO offers is snake oil. Free products for vB can duplicate all the meaningful features. Indeed is there any real evidence, rather than unproven testimonials, to indicate vBSEO helps? I've seen religious fervor about it, such as an encounter once with a forum where the moderators became bent out of shape when I simply requested evidence.

As to XenForo, I'd like to see the ability to customize meta tags in the control panel, without just copying and pasting into a template.

My opinion is that much of what vBSEO offers is snake oil. Free products for vB can duplicate all the meaningful features. Indeed is there any real evidence, rather than unproven testimonials, to indicate vBSEO helps? I've seen religious fervor about it, such as an encounter once with a forum where the moderators became bent out of shape when I simply requested evidence.

As to XenForo, I'd like to see the ability to customize meta tags in the control panel, without just copying and pasting into a template.
Most meta tags aren't really used much anymore (Keywords for example).

Description is, but XenForo really already handles that, and handles that. Everything else is redundant and bloat and has no impact on SEO.

The only thing that vBSEO offers that most people would like is the customizable URL, but even that is pretty worthless. Changing URL structure really has no impact on SEO, and XenForo's URL are quite nice the way they are.

Hmm... well my two cents on this although I'm sure it's been expressed a number of times by many..
I wouldn't start a vBulletin site without vBSEO, I vaule very highly what you can do with vBSEO on a vBulletin forum.
I had used it for years and generally a strong supporter of the product.
I stopped using it because it was killing my server when we'd get hit with viral threads (30K hits a day) and I wasn't going to upgrade the server just because of vBSEO on those particular days.

I ended up removing the product from my vB4 forum and ran it a few months, our traffic dropped as expected, but it was obvious to me that vBSEO was helping the site out, it was just to much of a recourse hog.
I then switched to xenForo and have been very happy with the server load as well as our rankings in the SERP's.

TBH I haven't had time to really check out the SEO options in xenForo, I'm sure it could improve on some but I'm getting similar searches per day with xF than I did with vB + vBSEO.

If your traffic suddenly dips when you remove a few meta tags and other stuff, there ought to be other reasons. Perhaps the change in URLs when you removed it.

With vB 3, friendly URLs and other refinements can easily be done with free add-ons.

My site dipped when I changed from regular vb4 friendly urls to mod-rewrite friendly urls 6 months down the road. I almost want to change it back but I don't care anymore. At least my XF site is doing good. I changed that to mod-rewrite friendly urls at the very beginning.

There are two things that vbSEO did that are real necessities that XF doesn't do. First, sitemaps. Second, ping. Both could be handled nicely by addons.

There are two things that vbSEO did that are real necessities that XF doesn't do. First, sitemaps. Second, ping. Both could be handled nicely by addons.
They would be handled better by add-ons, especially if it was made so other add-ons could plug into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom