• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

vbseo problem on vb4

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#1
Fatal error: Cannot run code from this file in conjunction with non encoded files in /public_html/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php on line 17

I am getting this error on trying to enter the vbseocp on my forum.

I just moved on to a fresh installation with APC Cache enabled (preparing for XenForo!).

How do I fix this problem?
 

Miko

Well-known member
#2
Shouldn't you ask on vBseo or vBulletin how to fix your vBulletin + vBseo problem? You might have a better chance to get help.

Is the script Zend encrypted ? Did you upload them in binary mode?
 

Kim

Well-known member
#3
Might I suggest you ask at vB? Call me whacky but isn't that a better place for vB support than here?
 

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#5
well i have asked on the vbseo forum of course. could not resolve it till now.

i decided to ask here because there are plenty of very experienced vb users here.

and of course, i am sticking to vb4 waiting for xenforo.
 

Kim

Well-known member
#6
I think it is a little gauche to be asking for support of a product on another product's forum.
 

Anthony Parsons

Well-known member
#7
I think maybe the point is that considering many of the VB experts are around here... here is just a good a place to ask VB questions I would imagine... :D
 

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#8
and that is why i am in the off topic forum.

i am not getting it. xenforo is not out yet. i cannot use it. i plan to migrate to it. at this point of time i am facing a problem with vb and i was looking for some help from experienced vb users here.

i guess i would go back to vbseo forums and look for help there.
 

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#11
there seems to be nothing in the error logs.

i am trying to access vbseo control panel. forum is working fine. URLs are fine (though the scheme has changed!).

it was working perfectly fine on my old server which had directadmin but not apc cache. this new one is cpanel with apc cache. apparently Zend Optimizer is installed and running. i have a feeling that it might be causing this problem.
 
F

Floris

Guest
#13
Since XenForo is out in a few days, and XenForo has SEO inside it, perhaps just turn off vbseo for now, downgrade to vBulletin version 3, and then convert to xenforo using their vb3 import script.
 

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#15
that sounds like a good option right now!

(btw. googling around landed me on some drupal page where people having zend optimizer on their server face the same error.)
 

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#16
alright. problem fixed. it was zend optimizer that was causing the issues. :)

now that i know apc cache is working fine and i have a clean installation, i am all set for xenforo.
 

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
#17
A somewhat random thread to find on XenForo.com...

We used to find it odd when vBSEO support requests were posted on vBulletin.com (rather than vbseo.com), but to find one posted here, well that's a new one on me.
 

OperaManiac

Well-known member
#18
hehe. i thought twice but looking at the number of massively experienced vB users and developers here. i could not resist the temptation!

in the end the problem was more about conflict between zend optimizer and apc cache. no idea if it affects other apps too!
 

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
#19
hehe. i thought twice but looking at the number of massively experienced vB users and developers here. i could not resist the temptation!

in the end the problem was more about conflict between zend optimizer and apc cache. no idea if it affects other apps too!
Just install Zend Server and be done with it.