Fixed Horizontal and Vertical Problem on Mobile

htsumer

Affected version
I am using Samsung A73. This started happening after the last update. Is it just me having this problem?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello,

Some of my users also reported the same problem. I can't give much detail as I haven't experienced this problem myself.

There are users who have the same problem from the browser or the PWA.
Even though Screen Rotation is locked, the screen rotates to horizontal position with a slight flip.

Here to report the same, it's really annoying.

Samsung s21 locked screen, but if I turn the screen too far, page switches to horizontal mode.

Didn't happen in 2.2.10.

Strange. Which Android version is that?
I can't reproduce this on an Oppo A52 with Android 11.

Maybe is caused by Android version and something in Xenforo?

Ok found the issue, it's due to the "orientation" setting being set as "any" in the webmanifest file.

Here is a super tiny add-on that fixes that by simply removing that line and gets the PWA to use system defaults again.

Now I can happily read in bed again xD

Still not fixing the issue, I also noticed that PWA does not refresh anymore if you swipe down the screen

Ah just a thought, your webmanifest file is probably cached.

Open YOURSITEURL/webmanifest.php in your browser on the phone, then refresh the page.

Check the "orientation" line is gone - then add the PWA again.

Ah just a thought, your webmanifest file is probably cached.

Open YOURSITEURL/webmanifest.php in your browser on the phone, then refresh the page.

Check the "orientation" line is gone - then add the PWA again.
Working now...thank you mate!

Ok found the issue, it's due to the "orientation" setting being set as "any" in the webmanifest file.

Here is a super tiny add-on that fixes that by simply removing that line and gets the PWA to use system defaults again.

what happened to the add-on? it is no longer available!

I think the issue goes further, too. Since the new version viewing my site from a regular browser on Android no longer uses mobile friendly viewing, but the standard format. (very small print) I'm not using the pwa.

I removed the sleep, reinstalled it, this time it installed an application with the old logo, but I did not renew this application either. Then I pulled again and redirected to /webmanifest.php of my site with the dismissed link and refreshed it. Then I uploaded my site assignment again, this time it was uploaded with a new logo and its descriptions are being renewed. However, the horizontal vertical problem persists.
Also, when I open the choreme, the shortcut is not added to the desktop. I do not want to use the application and want to create a shortcut on the desktop and use it. Add shortcut on desktop is not working because the application is rooted android samsung A73

I removed the sleep, reinstalled it, this time it installed an application with the old logo, but I did not renew this application either. Then I pulled again and redirected to /webmanifest.php of my site with the dismissed link and refreshed it. Then I uploaded my site assignment again, this time it was uploaded with a new logo and its descriptions are being renewed. However, the horizontal vertical problem persists.
Also, when I open the choreme, the shortcut is not added to the desktop. I do not want to use the application and want to create a shortcut on the desktop and use it. Add shortcut on desktop is not working because the application is rooted android samsung A73
The first app shortcut has a white background.
I uninstall the app and reinstall it. The shortcut of the re-established site turns blue on the logo background. When I run it it doesn't refresh with drag and drop. When I run /webmanifest.php and reinstall it, this time the newly installed shortcut logo background is white and drag and drop works. But the vertical horizontal issue is not fixed
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think the issue goes further, too. Since the new version viewing my site from a regular browser on Android no longer uses mobile friendly viewing, but the standard format. (very small print) I'm not using the pwa.
My issued ended up NOT being Xenforo, and has been resolved

This doesn't seem like the right solution. I tried that, and then the orientation is always vertical, even if I turn on auto-orientation. This solved one problem, but created another.

Top Bottom