vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt very positive about vB5 when i got the email come through, but when visiting the demo forum, watching everything load really put me off. Seeing the activity stream load up, then disappear, then the forums header/bottom appear, then the content. Just really seemed eurgh.

But i kept an open mind knowing its Beta etc and didn't want to be quick to judge, but when i saw this post
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/406712-Read-Me-First-Upgrade-Issues-and-Restrictions
it really put me off it completely.

Just felt like everything had been removed.

I notice they use First Post Likes as Votes.
first.post.likes.as.a.vote.webp

vB5 put up the demo, which I can only give them credit for. It's just such a big step forward from the pre-sale stuff with vB4.

Indeed. At least people will now know in advance hat they are paying for, rather than just some promises.

My vb3 forum is 13 times faster than the vb5 demo lol. And that's with a multiple of traffic and forum categories.

I think what disturbs me the most, is they've had up to 2 years to make a new software, from the ground up, but it seems in a worse state than VB4 was on release.

And then you have the small fanbois/girl crowd in the VB forums praising every little detail of the demo forum, like it's the best version of VB ever released, not to mention the support staff who seem to be wearing very dark, rosey coloured glasses.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if VB's days are now numbered.

Latest poll results:

158 voters

Yes
10.76% or 17 people said they would buy VB5
12.09% or 19 people said Yes, but only at gold status
22.85% of the total vote.

No
50.65% or 80 people said no, they wouldn't buy VB5
26.58% 42 said no and they were switching to another software.
77.23% of the total vote.

Attachments

• poll.webp
    poll.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 26
I think what disturbs me the most, is they've had up to 2 years to make a new software, from the ground up, but it seems in a worse state than VB4 was on release.

And then you have the small fanbois/girl crowd in the VB forums praising every little detail of the demo forum, like it's the best version of VB ever released, not to mention the support staff who seem to be wearing very dark, rosey coloured glasses.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if VB's days are now numbered.

Latest poll results:

158 voters

Yes
10.76% or 17 people said they would buy VB5
12.09% or 19 people said Yes, but only at gold status
22.85% of the total vote.

No
50.65% or 80 people said no, they wouldn't buy VB5
26.58% 42 said no and they were switching to another software.
77.23% of the total vote.
vB4 had very similar poll results yet people are still buying the crap.. and to be honest if KMA and XF didnt come along when it did a lot of us would still be in the dark as to what good forum software really is. Im pretty sure vBsi is loosing traction but i doubt they will go away anytime soon.

People bought VB4 because VB was on everyone's mind at the time. (The same KAM) left the VB product in such a good shape, that I remember myself feeling that I would never find or use any other forums, until the end of the Internet. The good-will at that time was simply unlimited.

Plus people also didn't know what an "IB bug-fixing cycle" means exactly, they assumed it means what it means in most normal companies. Now, we're entering a wholly different cycle with VB5, where no one has any illusions, the entire good-will is gone. It's shocking that IB would attempt to pull the same tactic, and think it would fly.

It's almost like they're ashamed of the demo. They don't list it on the home page, nor the "vbulletin connect" or purchase pages. The only place it shows up (aside from the announcement) is on the "learn more" page itself as a link in the header.

The other links from the "learn more" page show up in the footer of the site, but not the link to the demo itself.

It's almost like they're ashamed of the demo. They don't list it on the home page, nor the "vbulletin connect" or purchase pages. The only place it shows up (aside from the announcement) is on the "learn more" page itself as a link in the header.
Actually, they're proud of it. The owner of AdminTalk said that a high percentage of beta testers said not to release this, but they [iB/vBSI] approved releasing the whole thing.

Actually, they're proud of it. The owner of AdminTalk said that a high percentage of beta testers said not to release this, but they [iB/vBSI] approved releasing the whole thing.
Did you guys hear the news that vb5 is soon to hit Gold? I wish I were making this up.

.....Wow....

"Utter drivel, Beta 11 hasnt even been built yet." Treating your customers like garbage....

Wooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......

Even if the user was wrong, don't treat them that way.

Once again... Woooooowwwwwwww.

gordon-ramsay.jpg

And yet, the same people who were once calling the company immoral and how they'd never do business with again, are singing their praises for a really inferior and amateur product.

Vb is never going to recover, it'll never be a prime/premium product, let alone the "most powerful" community software, as they keep bragging on about.

It's really quite pathetic really.

The problem I see right now, is there isn't really an alternative to VB 3 or 4
XF's progress has stalled, Invision isn't really all that great
Burning board 4 looks quite promising though.

?And if the version "5.0.1" is already finished?
Think a little:
Why release a beta version, which possesses a speed of crooked, and put it online to the general public?
Why release a beta version, which owns the record bug never reached even for an alpha version has never been so negative at this point?
Besides, everyone is saying that it is so "buggy = alpha".

What happens now since the launch of "VB5béta?". whether on the web and the official forum?
=
On the internet everyone speaks (pub) and their "forum" is the Apocalypse.

Two answers to these questions:
"IB" is totally stupid .Group "ib" is very very powerful I doubt it is so stupid! no no no!
"IB" in spetaculaire prepared a strategy for the sole purpose of making a big stir and buz their clients. To show the "gold record" when it come out at the right time

""vb4" was not designed to be developed that history repeats itself and worse with "VB5béta".
customers will sell their license "vbx." and then in a future return "VB5"

you will see just before Christmas it will be like on the video demonstation and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom