XF 1.5 vb4 to XF 1.5 wont import continuously

duterte

I am importing vb4, and now I am on the user import.

The problem is it wont import continuously. I have to click continue button every minute after importing few batches. The user to be imported is 100K and its very hard to click continue every minute for several hours. Is this normal? Any way to bypass this?

This is the reason:

What im planning is vb4 to xf1 to xf2

This is from the XF2 manual but if memory serves you could also use CLI with XF1:

CLI importer
To run the CLI importer, you will need to leave your web browser open on the Start import page, and log in to your web server using SSH or a similar method that allows you to run commands directly on your server.

Once logged in, change the current working directory to the folder in which your XenForo installation resides, for example /var/www/public/. You will know that you are in the correct directory, because it will contain a file called cmd.php.

We will use this cmd.php file to run the import, using the following command:

php cmd.php xf:import

Enter this command and hit the enter key and the import will start. All steps will run sequentially and without interruption, showing you progress indicators for each step.

Note
Both the browser importer and the CLI importer can be resumed if they are interrupted for any reason. While you should aim to allow the processes to complete without interruption, as some data may be lost, you can resume the import process by clicking on Tools > Import data in your admin control panel, or running the CLI command again.

This case may need additional paid support from XF, I'm afraid.
XF importer is only a framework, and its built-in configurations for reading data from other boards are not always reliable in all cases.
XF devs mostly cost their time on XF development itself, which means that XF importer may have a lower priority comparing to XF itself.

Forget about XF1, unless you really have no choices.
In such case, check MySQL error notes seeing whether there is a max_open_files limit.
If there's a limit, this can be a limitation from your system.
FreeBSD and Linux have different approaches to lift that limitation.
You can google the one for Linux (mostly CentOS but Ubuntu should share the same solution).
Solution for FreeBSD (see #3): https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bloody-max_open_files-limit-in-freebsd.180549/

If you lifted that but PHP process gets killed, then please add up your server RAM to not less than 2GB.

Top Bottom