Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download
^ I recommend php 5.3 and above. 5.4 or 5.5 if you can get it.

The importer was never fully tested on php 5.2. Although I've been told it works.

(I have no plans on support it or fixing the code for it if there is issues with 5.2 as 5.3 already is end of life)

i have shift my forum to another server.
i can only import user groups & custom user fields..
the rest is "this step cannot be run yet"

anyway to fix it?

i have shift my forum to another server.
i can only import user groups & custom user fields..
the rest is "this step cannot be run yet"

anyway to fix it?
You have to do things in order.... You can't just skip steps.

Just remember to import avatars, photos, and attachments last (in that order).

Those options may show up sooner, but you should still do them last.

^ All this is covered in the instructions and this thread :)

(If you need help, let me know) :)

Last edited:
ohh....

i thought the process is 1-click and auto import ..

look like i will import one by one first.. ^^

I don't have it in front of me right this moment, because I'm not importing a copy of vBulletin this second; so I don't recall the exact order....

But it's not as bad as you make it sound.

.. ie...

You click on "import users" and it imports all your users automatically. So you're not importing 1 user at a time, it does auto import all your users all at once.

Then you click another button such as "import post" and it automatically imports all your post.

In total you only end up clicking 6 or 7 buttons (and only skipping the extra buttons for add-ons you may not have. For example CMS)

It's a very easy process. :)

Last edited:
Finally, I am trying to migrate my vbulletin 3.8.7 with vbSEO to XenForo! ;)

Current Preset: 001 - Hierarchic .html type URLs with content relevant forums and threads (Default Settings)

http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/
When i try to generate rewrite rules at http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/ it says:

Your Rewrite Rules
Source: Rewrites for uploaded XML file

Thread Paging
RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+-([\d]+).html showthread.php?t=$1&page=$2 [NC,L]
Thread
RewriteRule [^/]+/([\d]+)-.+.html showthread.php?t=$1 [NC,L]
Forum Paging
Unsupported url format.
Forum
Unsupported url format

Why it is unsupported?

In vBseo, i using,

Forum: [forum_title]/
Forum Pagination: [forum_title]/index[forum_page].html
Thread: [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title].html
Thread Pagination: [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title]-[thread_page].html

Thanks for your help!

:)

Finally, I am trying to migrate my vbulletin 3.8.7 with vbSEO to XenForo! ;)

Current Preset: 001 - Hierarchic .html type URLs with content relevant forums and threads (Default Settings)

http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/
When i try to generate rewrite rules at http://tools.geekpoint.net/xfseo/ it says:

Why it is unsupported?

In vBseo, i using,

Forum: [forum_title]/
Forum Pagination: [forum_title]/index[forum_page].html
Thread: [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title].html
Thread Pagination: [forum_title]/[thread_id]-[thread_title]-[thread_page].html

Thanks for your help!

:)
2 things

1) This importer (add-on) is about and for vBulletin 4. The vBulletin 3 importer is included with XenForo and support questions for it belong here

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/installation-upgrade-and-import-support.23/

2) If you're using a 3rd party re-write rule generator, you should contact the developer of that generator for support

Last edited:

Discontinued

Reason:

As of XenForo 1.2 beta 5, XenForo has released an official importer for vBulletin 4. As such this importer will no longer be needed.

Support Status:

I'm opposed to deleting old resources because they can be still useful for others. So hopefully @Jake Bunce will keep this remain indefinitely, but no further updates or support will be provided upon the first public final release of XenForo 1.2

However, I will still be willing to continue to help people using the official importer ;)

* note should Jake Bunce delete this, I'll re-release it for archive reasons here and on SociallyUncensored.eu

Last edited:
This importer is still useful for the extras that it includes. From the addon description:

It imports everything including social groups, user albums, blogs, and CMS articles. Since XF doesn't have those features it imports them as threads / attachments.

These things are not included in the official vB4 importer. The official importer ignores data for these features which XenForo does not have, while this unofficial importer converts that data into threads.

I will add a note about this to the description. This importer will remain available.

This importer is still useful for the extras that it includes. From the addon description:

These things are not included in the official vB4 importer. The official importer ignores data for these features which XenForo does not have, while this unofficial importer converts that data into threads.

I will add a note about this to the description. This importer will remain available.
Will it be rewritten so that the addon extends the official importer?

Well aware of what the "unofficial" importer includes (having helped code it).

Just naturally assumed, with good logic, that the "official" importer would also include these even if XenForo its self does not have social groups, user albums, blogs, and CMS articles, but would move these as threads, just as the unofficial importer does.

Doesn't make sense to me not to include them given how many people have them.

Was really hoping the official importer was going to put this one to bed.... My "patch work" was never a full re-write and just like vBulletin its self, could use some cleaning up and optimizing.

While most people prefer to keep their "goodies" around as long as possible... I want this one to be replaced by a free alternative & the official importer was hope.

Last edited:
Will it be rewritten so that the addon extends the official importer?

I'm not going to, no. That means this unofficial vB4 importer will not contain bug fixes or new modules (e.g. post edit history) that are added to the official importer.

You should now use the official importer unless you want the extras that are included in this unofficial importer.

Top Bottom