new url: domain.com/members/bridebella.2891/
-------------------------------------------------------------

old url: domain.com/new-members/777-started-15-days-ago.html
new url: domain.com/threads/started-15-days-ago.777/

old url: domain.com/new-members/
new url: domain.com/forums/new-members.16/

The member URL won't redirect since there is no id in the URL. You would have to write a custom script to map by username. Member URLs aren't very important for SEO so I wouldn't bother.

For the thread URL, put this in the .htaccess file in your web root:

Code:
RewriteRule ^[^/]+/([0-9]+)-[^\.]+\.html$ /threads/$1/ [R=301,L]

That forum URL also cannot be redirected for the same reason as the members, unless you were to specify a "URL portion" when editing that forum in XenForo. But forum URLs are not very important for SEO. Threads are the most important thing.

I finished all my imports, uninstalled the app and now I get constant errors even though everything displays just fine on the site.

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xf_import_log' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Stack Trace

#0 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?????SELECT old...')
#1 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?????SELECT old...')
#2 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?????SELECT old...')
#3 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(808): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?????SELECT old...', 'post')
#4 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php(340): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs('?????SELECT old...', 'post')
#5 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php(456): XenForo_Model_Import->getImportContentMap('post', 46077)
#6 /home/mysite/public_html/library/Dark/vB4Redir/Route/Prefix/Threads.php(15): XenForo_Model_Import->mapPostId(46077)
#7 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Route/Prefix.php(86): Dark_vB4Redir_Route_Prefix_Threads->match('4297-so-quiet-h...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))
#8 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Route/Prefix.php(66): XenForo_Route_Prefix->_loadAndRunSubRule('XenForo_Route_P...', '4297-some-thread-t...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))
#9 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Router.php(61): XenForo_Route_Prefix->match('threads/4297-so...', Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(XenForo_Router))
#10 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php(145): XenForo_Router->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#11 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(261): XenForo_Dependencies_Public->route(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /home/mysite/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(128): XenForo_FrontController->route()
#13 /home/mysite/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(80) "http://mysite.com/threads/4297-some-thread-title?p=46077&viewfull=1"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["p"] => string(5) "46077"
    ["viewfull"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I guess that's a default xf table I didn't have? I recreated the table hopefully that was the issue. Not sure why I didn't have it.

Ive seen this error before (only once) and it was the result of the import not completing (timing out) on the server.

I would suggest you try doing the import again & if the error continues, that you attempt to do this import on your own PC.

Important: It was noted that it is best that when doing your first import, that you not have any add-ons install or have them disabled (if they're already installed).

I recreated the table in phpmyadmin and the errors went away.
Here's the thing...

Its usually used for re-directing old ID's to new ID's. And if its empty, its not doing its job.

On the other hand...

If you had no plans or reason to re-direct or make any association with your old id numbers ....

.... I'd still redo the import for good measure. ..... If it didn't finish writing and making tables... Ask yourself, what else maybe missing....

Yeah for a busy site I would worry. But this site has been offline for two years. We are trying to get it going again so not to worried about old links.
I wouldn't be worried about old link, but the general integrity of your database.

I again remind you, that if the importer didn't complete and tables were missing, as was the case here.... You have no sure way of knowing exactly what else maybe missing or out of place until something goes "boom"

But as you've decided to ignore my advice .... I wish you the best of luck. :)

I figured it out. Here is what I posted in waindigo's resource thread. I just had to sleep on it.

I think I figured it out. The default is xf_import_log but the script asks you if you want to dump it into archived_import_log

From the manual

Open the 301config.php file for the import scripts and find the line that references the import log table, and edit it according to the instructions given in that file to point to your archived import log table:​
define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'import_log_old_forum');>​
I need to change that to archived_import log. I did a new import of the old forums onto what is now my dev site. I will just dump that table into the live site and change the setting and I should be good to go.

Or better yet I just dumped the data into xf_import_log.

So my table is filled with the same data. Still not sure why the script deleted the table though. That's worrisome.

I figured it out. Here is what I posted in waindigo's resource thread. I just had to sleep on it.

So my table is filled with the same data. Still not sure why the script deleted the table though. That's worrisome.
I've never used waindigo's resource for importing... So I have no idea what affects that would have on importing from vBulletin. I do know it is out of the scope for support for this importer.

Guys please help again! (y)

I need correct redirects for blog pages:

Blog Post:

old: domain.com/blogs/sallycooper/21087-i-can-fit-into-my-jeans.html
new: domain.com/xfa-blog-entry/i-can-fit-into-my-jeans.232/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member blog page:

old: domain.com/blogs/ambie/
new: domain.com/xfa-blog-home/ambie.544/

Guys please help again! (y)

I need correct redirects for blog pages:

Blog Post:

old: domain.com/blogs/sallycooper/21087-i-can-fit-into-my-jeans.html
new: domain.com/xfa-blog-entry/i-can-fit-into-my-jeans.232/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member blog page:

old: domain.com/blogs/ambie/
new: domain.com/xfa-blog-home/ambie.544/
That add-on has its own re-direct and path renaming options. You'll need to contact the developer for that.

Top Bottom