Resource icon

vB4 Importer 3.6b2

No permission to download
Do you have any suggestion from hardware point of view for speed up the importer activity ?
Should i tweak something in php.ini in order to let it to keep as much resources it can ? for example php max memory ? Does execution duration parameter bother ?

Do you have any suggestion from hardware point of view for speed up the importer activity ?
Should i tweak something in php.ini in order to let it to keep as much resources it can ? for example php max memory ? Does execution duration parameter bother ?
Max connections
Time allowed for execution
Keep alive time
dedicated resources

.... all common factors....

Most of this will not only be for php, but MySQL as well. You're better off doing this on a localhost if you have this in a small shared or vps.

How big is your board? Imports are very resource-intensive and can take half a day or more for big boards, especially on underpowered hardware. Hours of that on any shared resource is likely to get you shut off in mid-process for excessive resource usage (CPU if nothing else). So doing the import locally (provided you've got a decent computer) and then transferring the database to the server is the better option. Or paying someone to do the import for you on their server/computer.

Ouch, i thought a VPS should be enough. My VPS, at Servint, is:

768 MB Guaranteed RAM1.5 GB Burst RAM
Depends on what you're importing and how you have it configured.

The importer is a merging of a collection of other importers, rolled into one. It's not an "official xenforo made" importer. Optimizing the code and cleaning it up was one of the last things done to it, but overall the process is bottled down by vBulletin its self.....

Keep in mind that the database is being not only converted into a new form software with its own database structure, but also from myISAM to Innodb. So the converter is kind of doing 3 things at the same time.

Mine is not a big board.

21000 threads
316000 messages
3300 users.

Just run the importer on a 1 CPU virtual machine (ubuntu OS) with 3GB ram.

The thread and post importer lasted 17 minutes while the user importer lasted 11 minutes.

In the next day i'll evaluate the local migration and then DB import on the VPS. THe only thing i need to check if and what i should change in xenforo configuration, passing from http://localhost to www.mydomain.net

Mine is not a big board.

21000 threads
316000 messages
3300 users.

The thread and post importer lasted 17 minutes while the user importer lasted 11 minutes.

In the next day i'll evaluate the local migration and then DB import on the VPS. THe only thing i need to check if and what i should change in xenforo configuration, passing from http://localhost to www.mydomain.net

AdminCP > Options > Basic Board Information

That basically will change the links and domain name.

Mine is not a big board.

21000 threads
316000 messages
3300 users.

CPU maybe your bottle.....

I ran my importer with 2GB of ram, but with 4 CPU cores. Took about an hour or so (maybe less, its been a while since I last did my own setup).

Hi! I am trying to import my database from vb4.2 to xenforo 1.1.3 for testing but i have a problem when importing threads and posts or profile comments:

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

I suppose that there is a comment at admin's profile that produces this error. I am trying to identify the table to delete the comment but i don't know where is it. Could you help me??

Thanks in advance!!

PD. Imported 6,162,485 items. (24 hours 3 minutes 41.78 seconds) for Private Messages....

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

That means you enabled the option to preserve the source ids. If you enable this option then the forum must be brand new and empty (except for the default data of course).

Could i uncheck that option at this moment and continue with the import? or may i have to restart the import?

Top Bottom