Not planned vB/xF bridge?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Fascinating idea, instead of a full on conversion, a parallel-read-only for the community to acclimate..

Funny, I’ve been thinking how the hell can I use XF without a calendar function, I guess a bridge making common the logins would make it possible.

A bridge would ALSO mean that you can start NEW forums with the same userbase as you have. That would really be highly useful. Where do I go with my dollars to get this done? :D

Fascinating idea, instead of a full on conversion, a parallel-read-only for the community to acclimate..
I hadn't thought about it that way, but yes. I could still use my garage addon, a special forum as a knowledge base. Could even use my Photopost gallery.

Bridging competitor forums?
That's like bridging IPB and vBulletin or MyBB with phpBB.

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I would say that if you need to retain those add-ons, then stay on vB until they are made and then port it all over to XF. Expecting Mike and Kier to work on a vB bridge would be kind of crazy and I imagine slightly difficult, especially since they are two completely different code bases.

Not to mention where one would draw the line. IPB users would then want an IPB bridge. phpBB users would then want the same, etc. I think it's just better to wait for the add-ons you want to be made for XF and then transfer it all later rather than doing it right away.

Most bridges are done by private developers, like the vbulletin/drupal bridge and vbulletin/wordpress bridge. No one expects that Mike and Kier should work on that instead of developing on xenforo.

Most bridges are done by private developers, like the vbulletin/drupal bridge and vbulletin/wordpress bridge. No one expects that Mike and Kier should work on that instead of developing on xenforo.
But it's posted in this forum as a suggestion for XF, hence the response I made.

Top Bottom