1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 vB to xenForo problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by PASS, Mar 30, 2015.

1. PASS

PASS Active Member

Ever since I moved my two vB sites over to XF, I've been having server problema. It is the first time I had to open a support ticket with the host in over a year.

The CPU load has been through the roof and MySQL connections have been getting reached at 550 since I install XF. Happens about every other day around the same time give or take an hour. It brings my sites/server to a crawl. Have to re-boot the server to fix it. This is was support guy said.

Any idea what I can do to stop this? I never had issues like this until I moved from vB.

my.cnf

Code:
    [mysqld]
    log-slow-queries=/var/lib/mysql/log-slow-queries.log
    open_files_limit=10896
    innodb_file_per_table=1
    # safe-show-database
    skip-networking
    thread_cache_size=4
    tmpdir="/home/mysql-tmp"
    default-storage-engine=MyISAM

max_connections=550
    max_allowed_packet=268435456
    innodb_buffer_pool_size=8M

I'm on a cloud VPS server with these specs..
    0.7 core
    3GB memory
    Apache v2.2.29
    PHP 5.4.39
    MySQL 5.5.42

Two XF sites. (same traffic when they ran on vB)
    Site 1 Averages: 125 members and 200 guests (30 mins) 250 member daily
    Site 2 Averages: 25 members and 75 guests (30 mins) 45 members daily

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

First, the xf_session query should be very fast as it's just a basic insert. The second query you showed is not related to XF (or is related to an add-on) so I couldn't comment on it at all. I don't know if that is a slow query.

Your my.cnf is totally untuned though. You're actually only allowing InnoDB to even use 8MB of memory. This should be way higher: http://www.percona.com/blog/2013/09/20/innodb-performance-optimization-basics-updated/

3. PASS

PASS Active Member

Thanks Mike, I will check out how to tune my.cnf. Hopefully that will fix things. Any suggestions for my.cnf that I can try?