Fixed VB 5.2 to XenForo 2.1 IMG issue

Yoshiro

I have a test forum up where I imported an existing copy of my forum database (VB 5.2). Everything seems to come over fine, except one thing. The IMG tags. They are there, but they are in the format that VB 5 changed to, and are not being properly read/converted in the import. Has anybody experienced this and or know how to resolve either before or after the import? I tried a search on the subject, but either I've very bad at putting in the right words or the information doesn't exist in an easily findable form.

How does the tag text appear in an XF post?

It may be that the importer requires updating to account for that format.

It converts it to a JSON IMG tag these days. [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"960","width":"600","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/tLynES6.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Is an example of how its formated in VB (and how its comes across in XF).

Could you also post how the content appears in the VB5 post table in the database?

Is it exactly like that?

Sorry for the late reply here, but it looks like it is exactly the same in the VB database. The links in the "rawtext" column of the "text" table, in the vB database, are just as I posted above.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"960","width":"600","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/tLynES6.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Fun fact, posting one of these in discord has the escapes stripped out so they look fairly normal.

I think the color tags may have come over broken as well, but I only had one easy to find post and I edited it right now on my test site. Will see if I can find another.

You would need to post in the thread for the add-on for support with it.

It's going to require some custom regex to strip out the HTML content and convert it to bb code format.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XFI release (1.2.4).

Change log:
Add support for vB5 style JSON IMG/ATTACH tags
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom