XF 2.1 Xenforo 1.5 to Xenforo 2.1 import

Veer

I would like to know, with the new release of Xenforo importer, is it possible to import from Xenforo 1.5 to Xenforo 2.1, using Xenforo to Xenforo importer?

Thanks

Why not upgrade?
This is the correct answer.

However, if you are not doing this for upgrade reasons (and you're instead wanting to merge two different XF installations - i.e. what the feature is intended for) then you would either have to import XF 1.5 into XF 1.5 and then upgrade or first upgrade XF 1.5 to XF 2.1 and then import into XF 2.1.

Definitely not avoiding upgrade. I need to merge some data from a different installation. Time to time.

Chris, I know the method you just mentioned but that's a long work and require a lot of time every time I need to perform the import. I thought we'd be seeing the support for Xenforo 1.5 too in the final 2.1 update. If not this time, maybe in future?

I'm not sure I want to know the answer... why do you have a regular need to import data from XF 1.5 to XF 2.1?

Frankly, whatever the reason is, I'd urge you to review that. It seems unnecessary and unwieldy.

Ultimately, no, there will not be an XF 1.5 to XF 2.x importer.

I was just trying to figure out how to import my old 1.5.1 forum over to my much bigger 2.1.3 forum.

My old one is small and we're closing it since the other site on 2.1.3 is growing a lot faster.

So basically, upgrade the site that I am closing in order to move the posts/users over? (that kinda stinks I have to do that for a site I plan to close).

Top Bottom