XF 2.0 vB 4.2.2 to XF 2.0 - Basic concerns.

Holmes

Hello

Just bought XF 2.0 license and going through installation now. A few things I need to get answered so I can proceed with no worries as I'm no expert and I want a seamless transition.

1. I received the following message:
Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo. Your server has disabled a core PHP function proc_open via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo. Your server has disabled a core PHP function popen via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.

I had a quick search over the forum and figured these aren't critical functions, but I need some reassurance. I have read that exec is used for the media gallery, while proc_open and popen are used for the mailing system. As I'm not too fussed over the media gallery, I want to make sure the mailing system will operate properly with the latter functions disabled.

Really, major concern is that verification e-mails will be sent through just fine. These PHP functions are currently disabled on the vB forum we are using, but the verification mail system still works fine.

2. Importing a database. As I don't have access to the machine end of the forum, but I'll be doing the import anyway, I need to confirm what the following details require in the vB4.x import tool.

MySQL table prefix
Force character set

What would I need to input, or how do I find out?

Thank you for all help.

Bryan, I've tried the test.php idea. This is the output.

Disabled Functions:
0 - chgrp
1 - chown
2 - chroot
3 - dl
4 - exec
5 - ini_alter
6 - ini_restore
7 - openlog
8 - passthru
9 - popen
10 - popepassthru