VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
If this is really important, you can submit a Ticket Support service on our web site, under Members > Services > Free Services. Otherwise, I think mid-December is the ETA on the next release.

Hmm okay, getting a lot of complaints about site slowness, being laggy when typing and replying to posts..
Loading pages is an issue and I get several MYSQL locks all while this is running.

I switch it off and everything returns to normal.
This brought my site to a crawl in some places. Anyone else have this issue?
Have had a few MYSQL locks too which may be a signal.

This is literally as it is out of the box, I haven't even written a single page yet, but it causes the site to go way too slow.
:(

is there a coupon for vaultwiki ?
Coupon? The price and even cost for brand removal is easily the best value of the 100+ XF plugins I've used and/or bought. I bought copies for every forum I own and I hope others will give the developer a lot of financial support to keep the product going.

How much discount do you want on a $10 product???
Agreed... This is unbelievably cheap really.
Alfa, how does VW play on your site? Brings mine to a crawl, not sure if that is normal or what? :p
<< off to open ticket >> ;)

I have been running Vaultwiki 3 on my vbulletin big board for 7 years without problems. (3.7 million unique users per month)
However, I have not yet updated to VW4. @pegasus is currently helping with the update.

I have been running Vaultwiki 3 on my vbulletin big board for 7 years without problems. (3.7 million unique users per month)
However, I have not yet updated to VW4. @pegasus is currently helping with the update.
Okay brilliant thank you Alfa for letting me know.. :)

Hey @pegasus

Couple things, bug in: vw_usercp_prefs

Screenshot_2.webp

Closing out the dl/dd with divs, causing some issues.

Also I noticed a lot of colors have been hard coded into the CSS templates, some even using hex values instead of the color palette. I know it's a rather in-depth plugin but something like this could help a ton of styles out. Majority of our styles have worked out of the box with just about every plugin except for your wiki.

Keep it simple but this would give the user some very nice control over things:

Screenshot_4.webp

Also I noticed a lot of colors have been hard coded into the CSS templates, some even using hex values instead of the color palette. I know it's a rather in-depth plugin but something like this could help a ton of styles out. Majority of our styles have worked out of the box with just about every plugin except for your wiki.

View attachment 123895
There are already a bunch of Style Properties that VaultWiki has added to allow you to do just this. You can edit the properties and choose palette colors if you want. We have already set these to use palette colors wherever it makes sense. So I'm missing your point.

Where in the CSS do you find hard-coded colors that are causing big issues? I know there are one or two, but those are really minor things that we didn't think deserved to have a property dedicated to, and for which we could not find an existing palette swatch that made sense.

Last edited:
There are already a bunch of Style Properties that VaultWiki has added to allow you to do just this. You can edit the properties and choose palette colors if you want. We have already set these to use palette colors wherever it makes sense. So I'm missing your point.

Where in the CSS do you find hard-coded colors that are causing big issues? I know there are one or two, but those are really minor things that we didn't think deserved to have a property dedicated to, and for which we could not find an existing palette swatch that made sense.

Admittedly I may of presumed a little too much. I didn't see the style properties and went in to fix some issues and found them in some templates, saw the hard coded colors and assumed it was like it was when it first got released.

So that's good some style properties are in place, other areas you may of missed when you added them (this is the template I first went into for the problem and assumed others were like it my apologies)

Screenshot_5.webp

Screenshot_6.webp

In my search right now, I only find hardcoded colors in the following templates:

#1 vw_help.css and vw_help_inc.css: to be honest I'm not sure if this CSS is ever used anyway, but if I find a place I'll update this to use the XenForo palette.

#2 vw_history.css: the colors here mark a wide range of specific statuses that should look different from each other and do not correspond to existing color palette swatches available in the default style. Really the only thing that could be improved about this is to make each status have its own style property, but you would still have to change the properties manually for different styles.

#3 vw_share.css: the colors here are the logo colors used by facebook, twitter, etc logos. You should not really mess with the colors of the logos of other companies, so this was hardcoded on purpose.

Really the only thing that could be improved about this is to make each status have its own style property, but you would still have to change the properties manually for different styles.

That's sort of the point of style properties :D, so users can easily go in and change them via style properties, a lot of users don't know how to inspect something to get the class and change the color.

Thanks for looking

Can you make it work with Cloudflare's Rocket Loader? Thanks.
This is a bug in CloudFlare's service (it crashes when it encounters the @supports term in CSS). We reported it to them, but it is up to CloudFlare's team to resolve the issue. I'm sure they will be more likely to fix it if their actual users start complaining about the issue. We don't use CloudFlare ourselves, so I imagine they don't have much incentive to respond to our bug reports.

Hey @pegasus

Couple things, bug in: vw_usercp_prefs

View attachment 123893

Closing out the dl/dd with divs, causing some issues.

View attachment 123895
This help me :)

Installed vaultwiki a few days back but couldn't get around these two.

1. How do we upload an image into the post without having to host it in a server and getting the resulting URL? I mean, is there an 'upload a file' like option for wiki pages?
2. How to resize the images in post?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Click the editor button that looks like this:
bb_image.gif

Top Bottom