• Fixed template parameters with HTML confusing IF tags
  • Fixed MySQL version detection not working
  • Fixed inaccessible multi-word prefixes after setting changes
  • Fixed quote text for expected parser states
  • Fixed database errors importing pre-4.0.4 VW4 into 4.0.4
  • Fixed errors making PDF thumbs when Imagick missing GhostScript
  • Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No, unlike xenporta and AMS, Vaultwiki does not offer such layout options.
This is a major weakness of Vaultwiki.

Aesthetic-wise, is it possible to make vaultwiki index page look something like Xenporta's 8WAYRUN Wiki Index | 8WAYRUN.com

More people would purchase this add-on if you had a demo that had actual content displaying the potential of what people can do with it..
No, unlike xenporta and AMS, Vaultwiki does not offer such layout options.
This is a major weakness of Vaultwiki.
XenPorta, linked above, does not do this using a built-in layout option. Just like in VaultWiki, those pictures and links on the XenPorta wiki index are added manually via the editor interface. You can confirm this by visiting XenPorta's History and just comparing the last two edits.

So yes it is completely possible to set up a similar looking page in VaultWiki, and the process is not really that different to the process in XenPorta. What Alfa1 is referring to is the general article list in VaultWiki, which is standard on some container pages but can also be hidden. Currently that list is styled similar to a thread list (but not quite the same), and does not offer a tiled view.

However, some of our customers have already setup tiled views using pure CSS, and we liked the result so much that we are working on a standard option for VaultWiki.

However, some of our customers have already setup tiled views using pure CSS, and we liked the result so much that we are working on a standard option for VaultWiki.

That's great news, when do you expect it to be ready for release? If your current customers don't mind sharing their sites, would be nice to see what the real potential of this add-on can do.

Reactions: IPF
VaultWiki ships with a GALLERY tag too. Make sure you disable parsing of the VaultWiki GALLERY tag via the wiki's Syntax Manager.

EDIT: When you upgrade to VaultWiki 4.0.6, you will find that VaultWiki's GALLERY tag is added to the BB-Code Manager and renamed to something like GALLERY1. You can now rename VaultWiki's tag to something else, and you can use both versions of the tag.

Last edited:
Reactions: IPF
Thanks @pegasus.

I installed VW just few minutes ago and I am still learning my way around.
I turned this off and the video works now. I have to change just this one right?

vw 1.webp

Yes, it works. Even though the latest version of VaultWiki (4.0.5) was released before XenForo 1.5, using XenForo 1.5 doesn't break VaultWiki.

The next version of VaultWiki (4.0.6) will add support for XenForo 1.5's tagging system so that wiki articles can be tagged.

Any News here? I hate the look of the Wiki at the Moment - like to see a new Layout for the Wiki :)

It's still on the short-list. 4.0.6 (available today) adds support for XenForo's new tagging feature and makes it possible to resolve BB-Code name conflicts (like if you use VaultWiki and XenForo Media Gallery - both have a GALLERY tag). This second change took a lot of development hours and thorough QA delayed the release date which was supposed to be almost 1 month ago.

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.6

(released September 10, 2015)
  • Tag Wiki Content in XenForo 1.5
  • Rename Wiki BB-Code Tags
  • Syntax Manager merged to BB-Code Manager
  • Fixed Zend Opcache causing corruption during upgrades
  • Fixed bitfield collision
  • Fixed custom BB-Codes in wiki editor
  • Fixed invalid profile link to contributions
  • Fixed support for // empty protocol
  • Fixed renaming attachments breaking icons