Vaultwiki for Xenforo

Digital Doctor

vaultwiki.icon.webp

Release Date: exact date is unknown. Might be soon (Oct 2012)
Home Page: https://www.vaultwiki.org/
Features: https://www.vaultwiki.org/features/
Overall: Vaultwiki is very much like Mediawiki, but it is a native plugin for vBulletin, and soon to be Xenforo.

October 2012 update:
- Vaultwiki for Xenforo release may be imminent [source]. {NEW}

Roadmap:
Vaultwiki will have a Xenforo version for Vaultwiki 4 - Beta 2 source
XenForo will be Vaultwiki 4 Beta 2. We just want to get the new framework released and beta tested before we start adding too much on top of it.

Vaultwiki for vBulletin is delayed (therefore Xenforo too) because vBulletin can't get CKeditor working right.
From vaultwiki.org: If CKeditor is pushed back again, we will release Alpha 1 without it. Our main concern last month was that the Alpha wouldn't be done until closer to 4.1.4 anyway, and for the sake of a healthy testing period, we didn't want to have releases too close together. It seems 4.1.4 is taking longer than we expected.

Here is the Tracker for Xenforo Support in Vaultwiki. Consider registering at vaultwiki and tell them you want this feature implemented !!

Note: there is also good information about vaultwiki in the "Native Wiki" thread.
For those interested in wikis ...
mediawiki-bridge-xenforo-schmitzit-logo-jpg.15873

there is already a Mediawiki Addon by SchmitzIT.

hmm... I'm a little confused about how this vaultwiki works.
provides powerful editing options to allow your community to collaborate on creating and publishing content pages for your site.

doesn't wikipedia already do this? .. letting users edit pages. someone straighten my logic for me.

hmm... I'm a little confused about how this vaultwiki works.
provides powerful editing options to allow your community to collaborate on creating and publishing content pages for your site.

doesn't wikipedia already do this? .. letting users edit pages. someone straighten my logic for me.
That quote doesn't really help much as it's vague, but what it should say is something along the lines of:
"provides powerful editing options to allow your community to collaborate on creating and publishing content pages for your site using the interface and bbcode that your users are already familiar with"

Well done, but a bit pricey. You really need to have a full blown wiki to go in this direction.
I think it's cheap. #1) pegasus is a great coder #2) wikis rule - a good wiki can create great content. Great content = Worth it's weight in gold. FWIW, I hope vaultwiki is a tremendous success, but I'll bet that guiltar will make a superior wiki. IMO.

New feature: for Vaultwiki 4

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watch to hear about the [Post New Discussion] feature.

Top Bottom