Resource icon

[ValveTime.net] QuoteCollapse 1.2

No permission to download

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Yorick, thanks for this addon. I'm using XenFacil's Quote addon and wondering if it would work with it.

Installed. Working like a dream.

Suggestion
1) I see you have 2 small png images to collapse/expand. Can we use something from xenforo stock sprites instead of loading extra images? Maybe CSS images?
2) I believe the position of the expand/collapse link can be improved by putting in on the top right corner of the quote box. Now, when you click expand, the link will fall out of the quote box. The original implementation which inspired this mod works well.

All in all, we are almost there and this is a great addon.

Yorick, thanks for this addon. I'm using XenFacil's Quote addon and wondering if it would work with it.
It would have to be tested. The only problem I can foresee is the nested quotes. I'm unsure how this will react to having multiple quotes nested like that. As well as how it would actually look with the Expand/Collapse buttons everywhere.

5 stars bro! How do we move the full quote link to the lower middle, lower left, or upper left like andy was talking about because it's gonna take some of my slower members awhile to figure out they can expand the quote.

Suggestion
1) I see you have 2 small png images to collapse/expand. Can we use something from xenforo stock sprites instead of loading extra images? Maybe CSS images?
2) I believe the position of the expand/collapse link can be improved by putting in on the top right corner of the quote box. Now, when you click expand, the link will fall out of the quote box. The original implementation which inspired this mod works well.

The link doesn't "fall out" of the quote box. Its positioning is deliberate. The link is pushing the bottom of the box down to expand it, or pushing the bottom of the box up to collapse it.

I will play around with the positioning some more, though.

What do you mean "CSS images"? The icons which are loaded are defined in the CSS as background images. There was only a couple of images that would have been suitable from XF stock files and I didn't like them.

You can use them if you wish. The images can easily be changed in the CSS template called quotecollapse.css.

5 stars bro! How do we move the full quote link to the lower middle, lower left, or upper left like andy was talking about because it's gonna take some of my slower members awhile to figure out they can expand the quote.
The positioning of the link is a bit tricky because basically the jQuery plugin just plops the link at the end of the <blockquote> tags where the quote appears. I've moved it to where it is using CSS. I currently have it to float: right and I use margins to adjust it.

You can do the same, also, using the CSS.

In the mean time, I will see if there's any way to improve this.

Do we all agree that top right would be best?

As I say, I didn't like them personally.

Just change the relevant two background URLs in the CSS file if you'd prefer to use these two.
I like your arrow just fine. I don't like the arrows andy posted because they don't stick out.

Okay I am editing the css. I tried float: center and float: middle and it didn't work. lol

I guess I gotta google the answer for this.

Okay I am editing the css. I tried float: center and float: middle and it didn't work. lol

I guess I gotta google the answer for this.
You might want to try deleting float: right; and try:
Code:
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;

It might not work as I think it will in my head though. I'm playing with the jQuery to see if I can code in some sort of intuitive positioning into the options.

Suggestion

You could always add them into the stock spritesheet? That way, you have your custom images and lowered http requests.

I see TMS is required for this. Is there a non-TMS option for this?
There could be, but it'd require manual template edits. There's no hooks this can hook into and would outdate the template if XenForo ever update it.

Top Bottom