1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valid User Account Help!

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Eric King, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Eric King

Eric King Member

Hi folks,

I'm wondering, is there anyway to make it so people who register on my forums have to have a valid minecraft user account before they can register?

Will to throw a few bucks to anyone that can help!

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't know anything about Minecraft, but if there's a public API that can check Minecraft names then in theory it's just a case of setting up a custom field that is required during registration which uses a validation callback to check the entered name against the API.
  3. Eric King

Eric King Member

So... what you are saying is... my request is in theory possible :)?
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Eric King

Eric King Member

6. Jake Bunce

You need to be a programmer.

Here is a skeleton for the callback:

If you need to connect to a separate db for minecraft then see this post for example code to connect to the second db:

7. chrishill

chrishill Active Member

Is there a way to make the accounts check the Minecraft URL that returns a Boolean value. I forget the address at Minecraft.net though.
  8. Jake Bunce

9. Eric King

Eric King Member

Jeremy P built a awesome add on that does exactly what all minecraft servers need! Check him out if you need this great Minecraft Addon.