XF 2.2 Mail sending issue

a1000

Hi,

Since a few days ago, a weird issue started on my XenForo.

First of all, my Admin user cant login as it requires me to provide Two-Step verification code emailed to me but in fact I am not receiving any emails

On another note, if anyone submits a contact form, I do not get any submission notifications, the person who submitted the form wont get anything as well.

However, If a new user tries to register, they will get email confirmation link and can successfully complete their registration.

This may or may not be why.

Yahoo and Google (and ISPS using Yahoo) tightened their requirements for email security 2/1/24, to receive mail. The newest Xenforo that came out the night before implemented the changes, so mail would get to those companies.

Are you on the current version of Xenforo?

This may or may not be why.

Yahoo and Google (and ISPS using Yahoo) tightened their requirements for email security 2/1/24, to receive mail. The newest Xenforo that came out the night before implemented the changes, so mail would get to those companies.

Are you on the current version of Xenforo?
Appreciate your response.

I am using the final version which was released in 2022.

However, new user registration is not an issue and emails are delivered no matter the email provider.

2FA for the admin, password reset mails are not delivered.

Now my Admin user has 2FA enabled and I am stuck and cant login.

Add this to your src/config.php file:
$config['enableTfa'] = false;

Then you’ll be able to log in.
Thanks sorted.

Can I ask what I should do if I want to use Google Authenticator for my Two-Step verification instead of email?

How do I enable Google Authenticator on Xenforo to be used for my Admin user?

Top Bottom