XF 2.2 server errors sending e-mails with external mail server?!

zoldos

I've been using an external service to send e-mails for about a month. Most of the time, everything works. But I'll get this server error and severaal more like it occasianlly:

Code:
Swift_TransportException: Email to xxxxx@yahoo.com from xxxx@bloodofsouls.com failed: Connection could not be established with host xxxxmail.ch :stream_socket_client(): Unable to connect to tcp://xxxx:587 (Connection timed out) src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:261
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 11, 2024 at 10:52 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->{closure}(2, 'stream_socket_c...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 264)
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(264): stream_socket_client('tcp://smtp.prot...', 0, '', 30, 4, Resource id #219)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(58): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->establishSocketConnection()
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(143): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->initialize(Array)
#4 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(294): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start()
#5 src/XF/Mail/Queue.php(148): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(XF\Mail\SmtpTransport), Array)
#6 src/XF/Job/MailQueue.php(12): XF\Mail\Queue->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\MailQueue->run(8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#10 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#11 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(31) "https://bloodofsouls.com/media/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is this an issue with XF, or my mail handler? Any insight would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Is this an issue with XF, or my mail handler? Any insight would be most appreciated! Thanks!
The error says that the XF mail system couldn't connect to the external system, so not an XF problem unless you have have a misconfiguration.
I'd investigate why you have connection problems to the mail handler when XF tries to connect and send the mail.

The error says that the XF mail system couldn't connect to the external system, so not an XF problem unless you have have a misconfiguration.
I'd investigate why you have connection problems to the mail handler when XF tries to connect and send the mail.
That's what I figured. I've opened a ticket with my mail handler, but just wanted to check here to be sure.

Thanks!! :)

Top Bottom