[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

This will probably be unpopular to state publicly but I think you should raise the price of your addon
I totally agree! This add-on is more than affordable at this price. When I see others who do not offer anything extraordinary and which are sold 25 or 30 $ !! I could pay that kind of price if it was enough to click a button, go through PayPal, and get the file.

And if in addition the author gave us somewhere in one of her messages a smiling emoji it would be the great luxury ........ 😂

I would say to check your customers, before selling your addons to them. There always will gonna be piracy, no matter on how you will restrict access to you addons.

Why not embrace that you will never be able to fully protect yourself and focus on making your addons even better for your paying customers?
If you go to work but your paycheck goes to somebody else, would that motivate you to be even more productive at your job? I assume most people would quit that job in a heartbeat.

If the warez issue is as bad as you say then I can understand why you are offering downloads unique to each license holder so long as it is only for a limited time and helps you track down the leaker and get rid of them.
Should be limited time. But for the customer it is an issue only for the first time. For the next update there is no need to go through this and customer gets update even before it is published for the public. So this way you get the update even faster. Just for me it is extra work.

This will probably be unpopular to state publicly but I think you should raise the price of your addon. It is that good and myself and others probably would have paid double for the functionality anyway considering the level of support and updates you do offer.

I totally agree! This add-on is more than affordable at this price. When I see others who do not offer anything extraordinary and which are sold 25 or 30 $ !!
I would like to keep at least the entry price as low as possible, so that anybody can afford to try this add-on. Plus the comments are not exactly the most requested add-on on XF so I can't go much higher with the price.
I lean more towards the idea to charge extra for an extra feature, if anybody wants an extra feature. As long as it is something that others could find useful.

I could pay that kind of price if it was enough to click a button, go through PayPal, and get the file.
Digital downloads require an account. Only physical products can be purchased without an account, though having one is strongly recommended.
Even if I had created an order form (like I did here for example), still I would have to create some account for you so you can get the licence and updates. Plus still you would have to wait for the first time till you get the file.

Last edited:
Is this fixable on this addon?
After this other addons update:

I have an issue with comments now.

Clicking on View more comments link on AMP page will bring you to a broken page.
URL looks like this: /posts/<post_id>/load-previous-comments?before=<some_numeric_id>

I've hidden my comments for now with CSS to remedy the issue.

Anyone here using this addon on big board?

It's failing the 1 second max query set by default on this slow query logger addon:

I can feel the slow loading page also.
Right now at 900k comments.

Hi,

I have a few questions. I have created a marketplace forum and
I want the following solution.

I created 3 usergroup (free, silver and gold)
I want free members to be able to post threads (that works to in standard xenforo)
I want premium members to be able to post threads and post replies (that works to in standard xenforo)

And now comes the important part, I want free members to be able to only reply to their own thread.

Does this work inside your addon?

Can you add this to the addon, then I am willing to buy it? I guess it should be that difficult to add right?

And that we can enter which forums this should be enabled.

Hi there! I was going to go ahead and buy this, but I'm unable to find the 'lite' version we're supposed to be testing with. Could you point me to the correct place to find it?

Thanks.

I just purchased your add-on. When i enable it shows these errors instead of thread or replies. installed on v2.2.4
Error: Call to a member function toArray() on array in src/addons/UW/FCS/Extend/Pub/Controller/Thread.php at line 70
  1. UW\FCS\Extend\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  2. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  3. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
  6. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
  7. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Not sure which addons fault.

PHP:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $profilePost src/addons/UW/FCS/Attachment/Comment.php:112
Generated by: Unknown account May 27, 2021 at 3:23 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/UW/FCS/Attachment/Comment.php(112): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 112)
#1 src/addons/UW/FCS/Attachment/Comment.php(29): UW\FCS\Attachment\Comment->getProfilePostFromContext(Array)
#2 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php(56): UW\FCS\Attachment\Comment->canManageAttachments(Array, NULL)
#3 src/addons/ChunkedUploads/XF/Pub/Controller/Attachment.php(48): XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionUpload()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): ChunkedUploads\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment->actionUpload(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Attachment', 'Upload', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ChunkedUploads\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ChunkedUploads\XF\Pub\Controller\Attachment), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2337): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(108) "/attachments/upload?type=post_comment&amp;context[post_id]=3872396&amp;hash=c4185a61a45572e714e6cd1cc4f2f4fa"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["/attachments/upload"] => string(0) ""
    ["type"] => string(12) "post_comment"
    ["amp;context"] => array(1) {
      ["post_id"] => string(7) "3872396"
    }
    ["amp;hash"] => string(32) "c4185a61a45572e714e6cd1cc4f2f4fa"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Is this add-on still supported?
I'm interested in it but I couldn't find the information - can I enable comments in one specific subforum or comments will be enabled for all forums/subforums?

Is this add-on still supported?
I'm interested in it but I couldn't find the information - can I enable comments in one specific subforum or comments will be enabled for all forums/subforums?
Yes you can. I'm using this addon and runs well. Not sure about supporting, as I haven't raised any tickets yet.

But yes, you can set permissions to specific subforum to have comments and other subforums without comments.

Yes you can. I'm using this addon and runs well. Not sure about supporting, as I haven't raised any tickets yet.

But yes, you can set permissions to specific subforum to have comments and other subforums without comments.
Thanks!
So If I turn on comments for a subforum, it automatically turns off replies? Or both replies and comments exist in that forum at the same time?

Thanks!
So If I turn on comments for a subforum, it automatically turns off replies? Or both replies and comments exist in that forum at the same time?

Depends on what you want to achieve. I did set mine with some subforums with just replies and some with comments and replies. Let me double check.

Top Bottom