[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

It does take time to make addons compatible with some styles. They are allowed to completely change/rewrite XF default templates. This makes a lot of addons incompatible with them. Addons on the other hand are not allowed to change/rewrite much of a XF template.

Thanks. I actually have a lot of addons, and all work fine including some of yours. But paying the money just to try the addon on own board, and no refund if is not fit, that's not a deal.

Thanks. I actually have a lot of addons, and all work fine including some of yours. But paying the money just to try the addon on own board, and no refund if is not fit, that's not a deal.
UltraWeb is not a friendly little company... It's money, money, money. Already.

I have been very interested in this add-on for a long time but personally it is the fact of having to register on the author's forum that turns me off. It is completely authorized and does not call into question this right but me, that bothers me so I do not take the step.

I have been very interested in this add-on for a long time but personally it is the fact of having to register on the author's forum that turns me off. It is completely authorized and does not call into question this right but me, that bothers me so I do not take the step.

I was interested too, after TH deleted their own once. But I'll pass this addon.

FCS is the most inexpensive comments addon available. And with the life time option, it is even cheaper in the long run. There is no comments add-on with more features. It costs thousands of dollars to develop this FCS add-on. I am not a "company" that is trying to "make living" with add-ons. I don't make this for money. If I was supposed to do this for money, I wouldn't do it at all. Because I don't make any money on these add-ons. And I don't even expect to break-even, ever. I am only creating add-ons that I need for my own use and have decided to share them here with the community for a negligible fee. I am currently loosing thousands of dollars on my add-ons. The peanuts I get from sales, although I appreciate it and I am thankful very much for each user that purchased this add-on, it's not enough to have a major impact on this add-on, especially when it comes to features I need and consider essential for this add-on. Basically, just for two fast food meals you can have two years of hard work worth thousands of dollars.
I have also purchased several add-ons for my website and then they hadn't work well for my website. None of the developers offered returning the payment. Because it is not possible to return a digital product.
And all those developers I have purchased add-ons from, I had to register on their websites as well. In fact I don't know any that doesn't require a registration.
But of course if anybody is not happy with the terms that basically every developer has, please do not buy this add-on.

There is no add-on that I have installed that requires registration except for a full pack of several add-ons.
Otherwise you also have the right to not do like the others and to decide that it is not necessary to register on your forum to download your add-on. But I completely respect what you have decided to put in place, it does not suit me and as you have rightly said I just have to look elsewhere.

Regarding the thousands of dollars and two years of hard work that this add-on has cost you, I sympathize...........

So, you get the full value of creating the addon because you need it. Any money you get from someone purchasing the addon is just gravy money.
Not really. I did create this add-on because I wanted it but along the way I have added tons of features that I don't need and I added them just because users requested them. And that is what caused the expenses of the od-on blown out of proportion.

By choice, no one forced you to add features you didn’t need.

I’m sure though that your customers appreciate the added features you’ve added though.

By choice, no one forced you to add features you didn’t need.
You are right, my bad. I will know for the future. Future features I don't need, only after the cost is covered or after I break-even with current expenses. Definitely I don't need to make any money on this.

Last edited:
No it’s not. I require people to register to purchase an addon. That’s the way I track licenses and customers. I refuse to do it by email like some others do.

No it’s not. I require people to register to purchase an addon. That’s the way I track licenses and customers. I refuse to do it by email like some others do.
Right. I can't even imagine how to handle licences, customers without registration. If it was purchasing some non-digital product, like a book or something, no problem there. I wouldn't need a registration, but with licences I wouldn't know how to do that. I don't think DB eCommerce even has such an option. But I've asked him, just in case, will see wat he tells me.

Right. I can't even imagine how to handle licences, customers without registration. If it was purchasing some non-digital product, like a book or something, no problem there. I wouldn't need a registration, but with licences I wouldn't know how to do that. I don't think DB eCommerce even has such an option. But I've asked him, just in case, will see wat he tells me.
I fully agree with your point about registration, but I now see in a recent update you've nullified an important reason to register on your site by forcing us to contact you here on XF.com to download any new versions of the product. I don't see any possible benefits of this move and it makes me not want to use the addon anymore if this is the process you are going to standby.

I fully agree with your point about registration, but I now see in a recent update you've nullified an important reason to register on your site by forcing us to contact you here on XF.com to download any new versions of the product. I don't see any possible benefits of this move and it makes me not want to use the addon anymore if this is the process you are going to standby.
Some of the users is leaking my add-on to nulled website. There is no protection at all from the pirates. So somebody else is stealing my add-on and selling it. I worked hard years to develop it and then somebody steals it and sells it. I don't think that is fair. So I have tried this option. Believe me, it is much worse for me than for you. My goal from the beginning was to make the purchase process as simple as only possible. But because of pirates, it can't be as simple as I wish. The other option I know is to remove my odd-on from the public and keep it private, just for myself. Don't know how else to deal with this.

Last edited:
Some of the users is leaking my add-on to nulled website. There is no protection at all from the pirates. So somebody else is stealing my add-on and selling it. I worked hard years to develop it and then somebody steals it and sells it. I don't think that is fair. So I have tried this option.
I sympathize for you as I deal with piracy in my own business. I will save you the lines about how "stealing is the best form of flattery" as there is nothing truly flattering about watching your thousands of hours of work get passed around a warez site. But penalizing your customers is no way to combat piracy and you are actually hurting yourself more with moves like this then others nulling your software are hurting you. Why not embrace that you will never be able to fully protect yourself and focus on making your addons even better for your paying customers?

If the warez issue is as bad as you say then I can understand why you are offering downloads unique to each license holder so long as it is only for a limited time and helps you track down the leaker and get rid of them.

This will probably be unpopular to state publicly but I think you should raise the price of your addon. It is that good and myself and others probably would have paid double for the functionality anyway considering the level of support and updates you do offer.

Top Bottom