[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

xffutureuser

xffutureuser submitted a new resource:

[JM] Forum Comments System - Allows users to post comments for replies.

This system allows users to post comments under a replay.

The goal of these comments is to work similar way as the vBulletin 5 comments system does.

If you are familiar with vBulletin 5 comments, you will be familiar also with this system.

There are admin permissions settings too.

Notification, alerts are sent no matter where the comment is written, whether it is in a new or an old replay.

Admin can move comments or create a new thread from a comment.

The demo version is installed on...

Read more about this resource...

Can comments be liked? Can't tell from screenshot as only one account was used.
No. In vBulletin 5 also the comments can't be liked. Because it's just a comment, that is actually a longer version of a like. So way like a like? I was thinking about it, whether to add it there or not. But this way it at least motivates the user to use a regular reply instead of a comment, if he things that he has something important to say that a like would be useful. A user can quote comments or reply comments in a regular reply and there he can get a like.
But maybe in the future, if there is a lot of interest for it from many users of this add-on, maybe it could be done as an option.

Last edited:
dislike.webp
this is why i haven't bought it yet because i knew something like this would happen, u don't want to add customers features
im not buying it unless you keep improving it, are u the developer or did u pay for someone to do it?
because if u paid someone then u will have to pay that person each time you want new features
i didnt know u were a developer... sounds fishy

we want truth! we want truth!

In vBulletin 5 also the comments can't be liked
who cares about vbulletin, just because they do something, doesn't mean we also don't want to do that

But this way it at least motivates the user to use a regular reply instead of a comment
don't tell us how to run our forum, this add-on is for us, so we should decide weather it motivates others or not

reactions on comments is basic feature that xenforo core has, so its a necessity

also ur add-on needs many many many many many new featues,
such as media gallery comments, sidebar forum list, new comments in whats new

we want reactions on comments! we want reactions on comments!

No. In vBulletin 5 also the comments can't be liked. Because it's just a comment, that is actually a longer version of a like. So way like a like? I was thinking about it, whether to add it there or not. But this way it at least motivates the user to use a regular reply instead of a comment, if he things that he has something important to say that a like would be useful. A user can quote comments or reply comments in a regular reply and there he can get a like.
But maybe in the future, if there is a lot of interest for it from many users of this add-on, maybe it could be done as an option.

Facebook proves reaction liking of comments is very important. More so if removing replies from the forum and just using a comment system which 100's of million people use on a daily basis that never been part of a forum. I have no interest in what vB does, left at VB4 for XF and never looked back. What I am interested in is more FB like features for my site to have even of a fraction of a chance to compete against a FB group. Feel free to even personally inbox me when it is added, even just an opional feature and you can count on a purchase from me at that point. For now, it would just confuse members more IMHO asking why they can't like comments, like they can to on FB comments. Remember, today's average internet user is in a FB/Instagram mindset, not traditional forum protocols.

@51463 did you read my last sentence? Probably not:
Maybe also could help if there are many likes for this add-on or I will make a pool for it so I know how big interest there is.

u don't want to add customers features
I only explained why liking a like is not possible in this add-on. I am definitely open to new feature suggestions. There is even a forum set up for that on the add-on's website.

this add-on is for us
Actually this add-on is made for me based on my own ideas how a comment add-on should work. I have only decided to share it here with the community for those who like it, because I think a good comment add-on is very useful and could help others too.

Maybe also could help if there are many likes for this add-on or I will make a pool for it so I know how big interest there is.
yes, ok, now you have 2 customer who want the feature

There is even a forum set up for that on the add-on's website.
(y)

Actually this add-on is made for me based on my own ideas how a comment add-on should work. I have only decided to share it here with the community for those who like it, because I think a good comment add-on is very useful and could help others too.
yes, it was made for you, but now it is for us because you put it on xenforo resources,

you did not share it with us, you are selling it, big difference

because i dont have access to it unless i buy it,

yes yours is better than other comment add-on here on xenforo,

u also ignored my questions about who is the developer

we want truth! we want truth

new comments in whats new
That feature is there already.

yes, it was made for you, but now it is for us because you put it on xenforo resources,

you did not share it with us, you are selling it, big difference
Just to make things clear, this add-on is sold as is. And it is available for those who want it the way as it is. I don't force you to buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I have no obligation whatsoever to work for you now creating the add-on the way you want. We could arrange creating custom made add-on just for you (if you want), but believe me that would be much, much more expensive. And when it comes to price, I offered it specifically for you, almost for free.
And sharing means that I made it available for public, with payment or not, doesn't really matter. I could have just kept the add-on for myself, then that would mean not sharing.

u also ignored my questions about who is the developer
I did not:
Actually this add-on is made for me....
But if that is not enough for you, here more info: If you want an add-on, you can hire for example TH and then they will assign the job to some of their people to work on that job. With me the same thing, If you want me to make an add-on for you, I will also assign the job to some of my people.

Last edited:
Facebook proves reaction liking of comments is very important. More so if removing replies from the forum and just using a comment system which 100's of million people use on a daily basis that never been part of a forum. I have no interest in what vB does, left at VB4 for XF and never looked back. What I am interested in is more FB like features for my site to have even of a fraction of a chance to compete against a FB group. Feel free to even personally inbox me when it is added, even just an opional feature and you can count on a purchase from me at that point. For now, it would just confuse members more IMHO asking why they can't like comments, like they can to on FB comments. Remember, today's average internet user is in a FB/Instagram mindset, not traditional forum protocols.
On the other hand I have no interest in what Facebook does. I think there are already at least two add-ons that are trying to look like Facebook, maybe that would be a better solution for you. But thanks for suggestions. I like suggestions. After some thoughts, I am seriously considering adding that "like" feature.

Last edited:
Just to make things clear, this add-on is sold as is. And it is available for those who want it the way as it is
that's exactly what i wanted to know,
sold as-is it's sold as it is right now,
no guarantees that new features or guarantees that bug fixes could be fixed because you didn't develop it

And when it comes to price, I offered it specifically for you, almost for free.
there is no such thing as a true free thing
when you sent me the private message the other day, i was skeptical about why u were offering it to me so cheap
now i know why, you're just trying to recoup back some money from the custom add-on that someone made for you, share the cost

nothing wrong with that, but at least tell me the truth, since you're hiding the truth

but now i finally got it out some of the truth from you, someone made for you, and you didn't make it yourself
so if we want new features, we have to pay for it

And sharing means that I made it available for public, with payment or not.
it's not sharing if i can't download it, because i click on it and it's asking me for payment

thats all i wanted to know, u see, so simple

well i take back my first comment about buying this add-on because it's sold as is, therefore i won't buy it
theres no guarantees of updates and more new features,

i rather support a developer monthly/yearly directly,
like andy,siroup or dbtech
they always updates their add-ons and then i know my money towards an add-on will be good for every upcoming version of xenforo
this is what i was worried about your add-on since you're not developing it yourself

theres no indication of how much for renewal or if i can use it forever,
would be great if u added that in ur terms

good luck with ur add-on, it's not for me

Last edited:
that's exactly what i wanted to know,
sold as-is it's sold as it is right now, no guarantees that new features or guarantees that bug fixes could be fixed
Well, I am proud to state that this add-on already has no bugs and if it had any, they would be naturally fixed. I really hate bugs a lot. ;) I don't want to use a system with bugs, naturally. :D This is an add-on that I personally need and use and plan to use for years to come. I have been using comments in vB5 since inception (around 5 years now or even more, don't quote me on that :D) so I do have a lot of experience with comments.
I find that add-ons on this forum are best maintained when the creator also uses the add-on personally. There are other add-ons created by developers just because somebody wanted them, just because the creator got payed for them, but they don't really use them personally, those add-ons tend to have many basic design flaws or basic bugs. So I prefer to buy add-ons from creators that personally use the add-on. And I am the creator of this add-on and I personally use it.

there is no such thing as a true free thing
Yes, you are right, unfortunately nobody wants to work for free. :cry:

when you sent me the private message the other day, i was skeptical about why u were offering it to me so cheap
now i know why, you're just trying to recoup back some money from the custom add-on that someone made for you, share the cost

nothing wrong with that, but at least tell me the truth, since you're hiding the truth
Actually you know why? Because I've got the pleasure already to get to know you from other (also comment) threads in this forum and I saw you having some issues over there too ;) and also you didn't like that on the other comment add-on a creator told you that the comment add-on will be free and then it wasn't, so I wanted to make you happy and give you a good deal. But OK, no problem. :)

And of course this add-on is expensive, so sure i want to "recoup back some money", no secret there. :) I thought this is understood. Most developers here wants to make money creating add-ons or at least "recoup back some money". Nothing unusual there. For me is enough just to "recoup back some money", I don't plan making a living out of this. I hope you don't mind. :cool:

About the sharing, I have already explained that, no need to repeat myself.

Last edited:
xffutureuser updated [UW] Forum Comments System with a new update entry:

Updated design, new features

UPDATED DESIGN

The design of the comment has been adjusted for this version to look more organized:

View attachment 199518

NEW FEATURES

- enhanced comments deleting
Now you can use the same functions for deleting comments as for regular replies.
You can now remove the comment from public view, permanently delete it and also notify the author.

View attachment 199519

Deleted comment with "Remove from public view"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom