[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

In the old comment system from TH was a wonderful function to show the comment only to the owner of the commented thread. Do have this ugp also? If not is it possible to add this ugp and the xen/if for show/hide, please?

xffutureuser updated [UW] Forum Comments System with a new update entry:

Disallow comments and preserving the comments data after uninstall.

This version is about new features requested by members of XF community.

- Disallow comments in a forum

By default FCS will allow comments in all forums of a website.
Now you can disallow posting comments for any forum you want on your website and for any user group.

Navigate to Forums -> Node Permissions (select any forum) -> Select a user group (for example Registered) and you disallow for this group in that forum to post comments.

- Preserving the comments data after...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In the old comment system from TH was a wonderful function to show the comment only to the owner of the commented thread. Do have this ugp also? If not is it possible to add this ugp and the xen/if for show/hide, please?
No. So far not planned.

Last edited:
So underneath every post there is a bar displayed that is empty. You have any idea how to disable that when there is no comment in the post?

I don't know what FORUMAPP is. But you don't need any app to use XF. XF is responsive and so is this add-on. Just use regular browser for cellphone such as Chrome. For sure it works there.
FORUMAPP is the native android and ios app for xenforo. Xenforo cannot push notification to ios device.

It would be up to FORUMAPP to add compatibility with this addon.
I contact ForumApp support to add conpatibility with this addon but he refuses.

Thank you!

Anyway, Your addon working perfect. But I think you should redesign comment like this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 4.06.17 PM.webp
My suggestions:

When I click Comment, It shows simple form but I must click to show editor. It means need to more one action. I want to click Comment, I can type text immediately with no other click.

Thanks

xffutureuser updated [UW] Forum Comments System with a new update entry:

Reactions added, BB code and rich text editing.

- Comment design edited
  • Improved design
comm-design.png

- Basic editor replaced with profile comments editor
  • Functions of Reply an Quote links preserved
  • Mentions support with alerts
text-editor.png

- Reactions added
  • New permissions "React to comments" added to Groups & permissions
  • Reactions will be preserved also after...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xenforo cannot push notification to ios device.
I here so many times problems with ios devices. It can't do this, it can't do that. Android devices are much better, IMHO.

I contact ForumApp support to add conpatibility with this addon but he refuses.
Any particular reason as to why?

But I think you should redesign comment like this:
I spent a lot of time and effort to make it look like this. This design is more practical, better use of space especially in responsive mode.
See this screenshot. In this screenshot (here) the video would be much smaller with your suggested design and also the text would be much longer with a lot of empty/unused space.

202278 Compare to this: 202362

However one more optional design is planed, similar to what you have suggested but even better. ;):)

Then unfortunately there is nothing that can be done.
And what about creating another app?

Last edited:
Top Bottom