Utah Fishkeepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he didn't threaten to kill you and try to ruin the reputation of your site by posting on twitter.
Here is a screenshot of my inbox:View attachment 142409ALL of those emails are from JIM.
If that threat is to be taken seriously I think it's time you notify your parents as well as your local authorities. That isn't something you should ignore in this day and age, especially someone at your age. Though I don't see where he threatened to kill you but if you have proof of that then you should at the very least make your parents aware.

If that threat is to be taken seriously I think it's time you notify your parents as well as your local authorities. That isn't something you should ignore in this day and age, especially someone at your age. Though I don't see where he threatened to kill you but if you have proof of that then you should at the very least make your parents aware.
I deleted the email. He is still sending me emails, so we contacted the police in his town. My parents are aware.

What I thought was kind of strange was that he sent me this email yesterday after saying he was going to tear down my site.
JIM said:
The following message has been sent from at Utah Fishkeepers.

<snip>
He sent me emails from that account the day before he sent me that email and he contacted one of my administrators with that email less than a week ago.
He only sent me one email today and it was this
JIM said:
The following message has been sent from Utah Fishkeepers.
<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What I thought was kind of strange was that he sent me this email yesterday after saying he was going to tear down my site.

He sent me emails from that account the day before he sent me that email and he contacted one of my administrators with that email less than a week ago.
He only sent me one email today and it was this
He's most likely covering his tracks. Is it the same email he used when he was an admin?

Are those emails ones sent from your site (in for private conversations)? If so, check the IP addresses listed for that user on those dates and compare to IPs for that user when you know he was on the site. You will probably find at least some are matching. Also check any IP addresses showing for those emails that don't originate from your site. If you run IP address lookups for the IPs listed you'll likely find that they all originate from the same geographical area.

Are those emails ones sent from your site (in for private conversations)? If so, check the IP addresses listed for that user on those dates and compare to IPs for that user when you know he was on the site. You will probably find at least some are matching. Also check any IP addresses showing for those emails that don't originate from your site. If you run IP address lookups for the IPs listed you'll likely find that they all originate from the same geographical area.
They were sent from the contact form on utah fishkeepers. He lives in Terre Haute indiana and all of the IPs he has used have been in indiana. They are also all static IPs.

They were sent from the contact form on utah fishkeepers. He lives in Terre Haute indiana and all of the IPs he has used have been in indiana. They are also all static IPs.
Do any match the IPs listed against his account in the ACP on your site?

There you go then. Any of the abusive emails with matching IPs to posts from him on your forum pretty much show that it's all him and he's now trying to cover his back.

If you have contacted the police, make sure if they are following up on this that you give them the IPs as evidence.

Just a reminder: Posting quotes directly from private communications isn't allowed here.

Please see rule #11:
Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.

Cool site you have a got, hope it gets better. Be optimistic in your approach, results take time, efforts, dedication and of-course being open minded.

OT: Why do you have an dog avatar on your forum when your site is about fish, i am not against that picture but you could have created a forum for utah pet owners instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom