Utah Fishkeepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpCharacin

I don't think that care guides are the way to make utah fishkeepers grow. I was told just to make care guides on the admin zone before they decided to ban me.

There were a lot more suggestions than just to make care guides.

Also, I'd limit the size of photos that are allowed on your site. 3+Mb photos slow loading way down.

utah.webp

Last edited:
Post like there is no tomorrow. Make posts about literally anything that comes to your mind. It helps a lot. Remember: users are looking for content, and not for an empty forum. You need to fill it with good stuff.

You need to think about something. Content is a massive magnet when it comes to bring new users. Another good gay of bringing people is making fake accounts with different personalities and then start posting like crazy with all of them, to make it look like your forum is pretty active and full of content. Helps a lot. It`s one of the best ways.

I am not going to create fake accounts, and it is hard to post when the site is dead. I will put some flyers at the LFS next time i'm there and hopefully that will boost traffic.

I am not going to create fake accounts, and it is hard to post when the site is dead. I will put some flyers at the LFS next time i'm there and hopefully that will boost traffic.

That's why you have to make it look active. People have been creating alternate accounts for years and posting to make their site look active in the beginning to attract new members. People have offered solid advice to help get your community going but it feels like no matter what advice is offered you shoot it down. Quite a few of the people that gave you advice have large boards that have put tons of work in to grow their communities. It takes alot of work to grow one. Especially sites that are geared towards a certain topic or a certain area of a country. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss most of the advice given to you.

It should boost the traffic a little. But remember to keep the members entertained with lots of tutorials, etc... ;)

Also, I'd limit the size of photos that are allowed on your site. 3+Mb photos slow loading way down.

Allowing image uploads up to 15mb is fine as long as they're resized down to reasonable sizes specified in the ACP though right?

Otherwise it can be frustrating for a user to come along with a nice high res image and be greeted with an error upon upload. Most don't know how to resize on their end, so it's a better user experience if it's done server side.

Well, what about a review of a certain fishkeeping accessory? Or maybe a tutorial on how to make your own aquarium? Things that people would usually look for when looking for a fishkeeping forum (I guess). Post about your aquarium, your fishes, previous experiences with fishkeeping. Everything that someone would look for on Google is valid.

It depends. Maybe weeks, maybe months, years. But I am sure about one thing: if you never stop creating good content, members will come sooner or later. It`s all about patience. A big community is not a night and day thing. Takes time. A Lot of time to be honest. But the sense of achievement after making something big is priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom