Ultimate DDoS Solution! Nice on the budget too!

Hyperfilter might be the best one, but it's really expensive. It can handle all attacks, only for the big forums :)

They have a discount for now, go ahead!

Code: 2KX99
10% Permament discount in any dedicated server!

Hyperfilter might be the best one, but it's really expensive. It can handle all attacks, only for the big forums :)

They have a discount for now, go ahead!

Code: 2KX99
10% Permament discount in any dedicated server!

If we're talking non-budget we'd probably start getting to Staminus, Black Lotus etc. That one just looks like you're advertising your own company lol.

If we're talking non-budget we'd probably start getting to Staminus, Black Lotus etc. That one just looks like you're advertising your own company lol.
Oh, sorry i did not know we were talking non-budget only.

No, it's not my own company haha :D

I would never go back to black Lotus. .. just saying.
I never had a pleasant experience with them either. Not directly, but during my time working with game servers the server I was working for was under attack, it actually wasn't too powerful. Surprisingly though, multiple game servers was down from the attack. Black Lotus denied the attack was even occurring, even though it was pretty clear. I don't know too much about how they handled the ticket other than what I was told, but eventually the guys moved to Staminus. That went well for them, at least for the duration I was there. I know other people have had pleasant experiences with them, but for me, they price heavily, which is no surprise for effective DDoS mitigation, but they didn't deliver in our case, and their support was absolute whack from what I heard. I wouldn't ever use them personally. I have used Staminus for some of my projects, and I do like them actually. Effective mitigation, we've never had problems with them. Relatively good support, but not superb. I'd say the best support team I've ever came across was LimestoneNetworks' team. I've never had a response time longer than 10 minutes unless they were fixing something or analysing a long log. I'm not sure how fond I was about their services though, at times it felt like we just got the wrong end of the stick, but maybe I just have bad experiences, specifically with network and hardware for LSN.

I never had a pleasant experience with them either. Not directly, but during my time working with game servers the server I was working for was under attack, it actually wasn't too powerful. Surprisingly though, multiple game servers was down from the attack. Black Lotus denied the attack was even occurring, even though it was pretty clear. I don't know too much about how they handled the ticket other than what I was told, but eventually they did end up moving to Staminus. That went well for them, at least for the duration I was there. I know other people have had pleasant experiences with them, but for me, they price heavily, which is no surprise for effective DDoS mitigation, but they didn't deliver in our case, and their support was absolute whack from what I heard. I wouldn't ever use them personally. I have used Staminus for some of my projects, and I do like them actually. Effective mitigation, we've never had problems with them. Relatively good support, but not superb. I'd say the best support team I've ever came across was LimestoneNetworks' team. I've never had a response time longer than 10 minutes unless they were fixing or analysing a long log. I'm not sure how fond I was about their services though, at times it felt like we just got the wrong end of the stick, but maybe I just have bad experiences, specifically with network and hardware for LSN.
Yeah, our experience was somewhat similar. The support was absurd. We had been receiving 100-300mbps attacks and whatever package we had should have easily handled it. Needless to say, support was not very good on top of them trying to sell me a higher package to mitigate (same happened to my friend with a very similar situation with low level attacks but upon moving, they claim over 10x the level of previous attacks). We had more downtime and more errors than most services we tried (the only worse one was from the company that BL ended up buying out lol).

I didn't have experience with Staminus but I have heard good things.

If we are talking high end, I would love to just buy a damn hardware firewall and be done but that sh*t is SUPER costly. I would need to be making 10x what I am just to justify the financial burden it would place.

How long have you used x4b?
From what locations?
Single or Multi homed?

I know I'm not the person you asked, but I have used them for some projects in the past and have been very happy...especially considering the price. Have used single-homed in Texas (a bunch of our servers are in Texas), and sustained attacks of 100Gbps+ were handled without any problems at all. Would certainly recommend them.

How long have you used x4b?
From what locations?
Single or Multi homed?
I've used them for something like a year, but stopped using them about 4 months ago when I stopped working with game servers (I don't really need it for my website atm because it's not really having DDoS problems). Can't remember the locations we used though, sorry. We've sustained attacks of about 30Gbps before, but that was really the highest we got hit that I remember.

I've used them for something like a year, but stopped using them about 4 months ago when I stopped working with game servers (I don't really need it for my website atm because it's not really having DDoS problems). Can't remember the locations we used though, sorry. We've sustained attacks of about 30Gbps before, but that was really the highest we got hit that I remember.
Sounds like you were happy with them while you used them though right?

Normally I wouldn't worry about it for a forum, but I have a user in my beta that has already demonstrated he is missing a few screws and is easily offended. I know that his kid is a skiddie and he has talked about his kid's activites, one of which I'm aware of personally...

So, for the price I've been seriously looking at them if I use providers located near one of their nodes. Also looking at providers who have DDoS services in house.

Sounds like you were happy with them while you used them though right?

Normally I wouldn't worry about it for a forum, but I have a user in my beta that has already demonstrated he is missing a few screws and is easily offended. I know that his kid is a skiddie and he has talked about his kid's activites, one of which I'm aware of personally...

So, for the price I've been seriously looking at them if I use providers located near one of their nodes. Also looking at providers who have DDoS services in house.
I was, yeah. Their support team above all. Our host had an issue, and x4b actually helped more than our host, even though both them and I knew it was a host issue. We got it fixed in the end, and guess what, it was the host. This was a tunnel proxy for game servers btw. GRE/IPIP tunnels.

Is DDoSing one? If you're serious about it being a kid (and not figurative for someone really immature) I doubt they have access to real power. Using some booter bought from a hacking forum doesn't count as anything. They can't take down anything. Unless they manage to some competence, I wouldn't worry about them, but x4b isn't an investment you'll regret.

In the case I am aware of the site was taken off-line and the host actually cancelled their account as a result and they had to quickly find a new provider and spin the system back up.

All told they were off-line for 4 days, and when they came back on-line they were having enough stabiliity problems that I'm pretty certain that they were getting null-routed based on whatever provider or service they implemented.

They were using Cloud Flare and I'd bet it was either the free plan or the $20 "Pro" plan when they gotten taken out.

In the case I am aware of the site was taken off-line and the host actually cancelled their account as a result and they had to quickly find a new provider and spin the system back up.

All told they were off-line for 4 days, and when they came back on-line they were having enough stabiliity problems that I'm pretty certain that they were getting null-routed based on whatever provider or service they implemented.

They were using Cloud Flare and I'd bet it was either the free plan or the $20 "Pro" plan when they gotten taken out.
Who are you talking about? By the way, CloudFlare takes out any plans, except Enterprise I guess.

Who are you talking about? By the way, CloudFlare takes out any plans, except Enterprise I guess.
"Who" as in the forum? If so, my social group ended up leaving the forum as an indirect result of the forum being unavailable because of some issues that happened between a couple of members and the staff. I missed all the ugliness because the whole thing got deleted.

After a bit of time we seemed to have ended the whole thing on amicable terms, but I don't really want to flare things back up again, so I'd rather not say what forum it is.

As for the Cloud Flare... I've done a lot of research and it all agrees with you. Basic protection through obfuscation, but not much else.

I'd like to throw in that I've used for my gaming server which gets around 1,200+ daily users, is JavaPipe. Their smallest DDoS Remote Proxy protection starts at $99 then goes up from there. I've never had an issue with them and my server is also hosted with Limestone Networks which offers good protection as well. If you're on a budget and want to go affordable but also does the job, I'd suggest going with OVH as suggested above. We're currently using them for our main TCP Proxy and haven't had any issues.

Top Bottom