using spam-cleaner / recent activity of spammer still shows up

erich37

I have used the spam-cleaner for a certain user, but the "Recent Activity" (both in spammers profile-page and general "Recent Activity") still shows the spammer-text.

How to delete this from Recent Activities ?

Thanks.

Create a test user and see if the content still shows. IIRC it's to do with the recent activity being cached for the user, so it doesn't make sense updating the cache to remove it from recent activity if the user has already seen it. I believe Kier's example was if there's an error in a newspaper article - you don't ask for the newspaper back from the people who have already read the article, you just fix the error for the people who haven't read it yet.

I can only assume you didn't remove the content when you used the spam cleaner.

I've just tested this on my local install and the spammer's activity in What's New no longer shows after being spam cleaned.

I deleted the content as well when using the spam-cleaner.
Within "What´s New" everthing deleted fine. But within "Recent Activities" in the spammers-profile and also within "Recent Activities" (Members>Recent Activities) the spam-text is still showing up.

After using the spam-cleaner I also used the caching-tools, but it did not remove the spam from Recent-Activities.

If you are viewing it as a Moderator then you will see the deleted content, if you have the necessary moderator permissions.

All other members and guests won't see the deleted content.

no Brogan, that is the issue:
I also see the recent-activity-content of the spammer when being not logged-in, saying viewing the website as guest.....

Ah, you're talking about status updates and account settings, etc.

Not threads, posts or profile posts.

That content/activity isn't covered by the Spam Cleaner.

hmmmm.... well that should be covered as well.....
when you want to remove the content of a spammer than every content of a spammer should be deleted, not just portions of that content.....

This is critical - the recent activity shows users setting links to their home page, which in the case of a spammer, is typically a spam link and should be removed.

Top Bottom