• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Using Spam Cleaner

DaveM

I have just tried using the spam cleaner options on the following thread

upload_2015-9-23_12-30-35.png

Selected spam option at the bottom of thread

upload_2015-9-23_12-31-38.png

Select Clean Up option and I get the following

upload_2015-9-23_12-32-29.png

It bans the user but does not remove the thread in question

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That just means there were no other users with the same IP address.

The other actions have been carried out.

DaveM

I was just wondering why it never removed those threads, but I have now tweaked it so it should move the threads, thanks for your reply on this

drastic

Where is the Spam cleaner now?

upgraded to latest version and it's no where to be found. I'm using the default style and have 1000+ messages selling prick pills.

wang

Where is the Spam cleaner now?

upgraded to latest version and it's no where to be found. I'm using the default style and have 1000+ messages selling prick pills.
The upgrade has not removed it. If you switch to the default style, can you see it?

drastic

Check the criteria.

I suspect the member does not meet it.

The member had 100's of posts full of spam links and pics. I checked my own perms, everything OK for super mod/admin. Not sure what I did wrong.

Anything else I can check to make sure this doesn't happen again? Or any specific settings I SHOULD have that I may not know about (or did wrong)?

Thanks!!

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Brogan is talking about the spam cleaner criteria which dictates which users can or can't be spam cleaned.

Search for "spamUserCriteria" using the Admin CP search.

Follow-up question about the spam cleaner. I have a user who meets the criteria for spam cleaning in the ACP. I used spam cleaner on him and the threads are hidden, but I don't see him getting banned despite that option being checked in the ACP. If I look at his user account he still shows valid, and the banned usergroup isn't checked. I can see that spam cleaner was run against him in the log. Am I missing something?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The default options can be overridden on a per use basis.

Are you able to consistently reproduce it?

It works for me when spam cleaning a user with the ban option checked.