DaveM

I have just tried using the spam cleaner options on the following thread

upload_2015-9-23_12-30-35.webp

Selected spam option at the bottom of thread

upload_2015-9-23_12-31-38.webp

Select Clean Up option and I get the following

upload_2015-9-23_12-32-29.webp

It bans the user but does not remove the thread in question

I was just wondering why it never removed those threads, but I have now tweaked it so it should move the threads, thanks for your reply on this

Where is the Spam cleaner now?

upgraded to latest version and it's no where to be found. I'm using the default style and have 1000+ messages selling prick pills.

Check the criteria.

I suspect the member does not meet it.

The member had 100's of posts full of spam links and pics. I checked my own perms, everything OK for super mod/admin. Not sure what I did wrong.

Anything else I can check to make sure this doesn't happen again? Or any specific settings I SHOULD have that I may not know about (or did wrong)?

Thanks!!

Brogan is talking about the spam cleaner criteria which dictates which users can or can't be spam cleaned.

Search for "spamUserCriteria" using the Admin CP search.

Follow-up question about the spam cleaner. I have a user who meets the criteria for spam cleaning in the ACP. I used spam cleaner on him and the threads are hidden, but I don't see him getting banned despite that option being checked in the ACP. If I look at his user account he still shows valid, and the banned usergroup isn't checked. I can see that spam cleaner was run against him in the log. Am I missing something?

The default options can be overridden on a per use basis.

Are you able to consistently reproduce it?

It works for me when spam cleaning a user with the ban option checked.

Top Bottom