Using a Xenforo installation to create a value add for other sites

kingston

I have a strong website in my own little personal niche (cheerleading). Lot's of cheerleading sites, for one reason or another (support or feedback) want a forum for their website / products. The issue is that while their personal product does require some type of social forum it does not have enough energy or people involved to really get or keep a community going.

Since I have a very busy site and a large percentage of the community already are registered on my my site I thought it would be good to create special forums per website that the independent website owner could control (who got access and what not).

Facebook has somewhat done this but lots of people don't want to mix their Facebook social and cheer social personalities.

To accomplish this I was thinking I could setup a separate forum and make each website owner the moderator of their separate forum (not terribly hard). But also I want them to be able to control access to that sub forum and only that sub forum. The only way I can think of doing that is by allowing a moderator to be able to add or delete a group to a specific user. Is there a way to make it so a moderator has access to just one specific group accessibility?

And is there another way of going about this that I haven't thought of yet?

The only way I can think of doing that is by allowing a moderator to be able to add or delete a group to a specific user. Is there a way to make it so a moderator has access to just one specific group accessibility?
No, that is an administrator only function and the permission covers all users and groups.

Top Bottom