1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Users without permissions to view category still see links

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Resolved Bugs' started by Mr Lucky, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Users without permissions to view a category still see the link to it in the LH sidebar, clicking on it of course gives them an error message.

It would be better if the link was not visible, it is not a good forum experience to click on things only to be told there is an error and you don't have permissions.
  2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Can you double check your permissions for guests set in that category?

The reason I say this is because I have a category on my site set to be viewable by Registered users only. I've double checked and the link in the LH sidebar doesn't appear to guests.
  3. Mr Lucky

Double checked Guests can see the category link.

Please check on my site for yourself:

Just to clarify, this is nothing to do with user permissions. All gallery user permissions are set to view category (ie unrgistered and registered)

I'm presuming the permissions in an individual gallery should override user permissions for categories.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Category and Album permissions are completely different.

You're correct, I can see this category as a guest. I wonder if it's because it's the only category?

Though I do notice that it's not visible on the main media page.

Can you create another category that's visible to guests to see if this one is then hidden?
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Scrap that, it does appear to be a bug with the Albums page. It's the same on my site.

In categories you can see Anniversary Meets. This is only available to registered users. This category link doesn't show on the other Media pages.
  6. Mr Lucky

I see what you mean, the link doesn't show when you are on the media index, but does show when on album index. @Chris D I seem to have found another bug. Can I have a prize please? :)
  7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed in XFMG 1.0.1 thanks guys.
    Martok likes this.