XF 1.4 Users not receiving email confirmation email

flowerpot132

Hi. I have just done a test sign up on our forum and I didn't receive an email asking me to click and confirm my email address before being able to sign in. Any ideas why this is the case? I was able to sign in and use the forum without going through the email confirmation process!

I would guess that you haven't got "Enable Email Confirmation" enabled.

Admin CP > User Registration > Registration Defaults > Enable Email Confirmation

When you registered, did it indicate you were sent an email? If you look at the user in the control panel, what does the "user state" show as?

No it says, User State: Awaiting Approval

But as a test user I have received no emails!? I should have received an email asking me to confirm my email address, and the back end should have User State: Awaiting email confirmation.

So its skipping that process!

Hmm ok so in that case, under users awaiting approval says the below which includes the bit about it maybe being spam. So when it's potentially spam, the user doesn't have to do the email confirmation? I just tested it again with a non gmail address and it all worked fine.

User:
test (mugtree@gmail.com)
IP:

Spam Log:
  • StopForumSpam matched (username: 120)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok that's fine, as we can spot them when they come in. So it makes sense that a spam one wouldn't get an email confirmation email and will not go through that process, they just straight to awaiting approval? Just trying to make sense of it. Someone mentioned it might be something to do with stmp server with our hosting but that doesn't look like it's the case. Thanks for your help so far Mike.

Top Bottom