XF 1.4 Users Logged Out By Clicking Link?

Grizzly Adam

I am using the notices feature to direct users to two auctions to raise money for the family of a recently deceased member. In the notice I am using direct links to the threads in our for sale forum. When some users click the links they are reporting that they get logged out ( I think it still takes them to the link). This has happened before on xf1.2 but I was not a user here at the time and couldn't ask for help. Any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it?

Is your site available from www and the non www link?

If so, you will need to set a redirect in .htaccess to one or the other and update the Board URL to reflect that.

Edit: I have just checked the URL in your customer account and that is indeed the case.

Got it working with this, Not sure what i done differently from all the other times as i think ive tried this one before but ill post it here in case someone else wants to see it :

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.yourdomain\.co.uk$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yourdomain.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L,QSA]
    #    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    RewriteBase /
    #    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Emulated this one and it worked very well for me. Thanks again.

Top Bottom