Implemented Users awaiting manual approval display in moderation queue

Darfuria

Topic title says it all. If manual approval is enabled, once a user has confirmed their email address (if email confirmation is enabled), the user's approval should show in the moderation queue so that moderators/administrators are aware that users have registered and are awaiting approval.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Topic title says it all. If manual approval is enabled, once a user has confirmed their email address (if email confirmation is enabled), the user's approval should show in the moderation queue so that moderators/administrators are aware that users have registered and are awaiting approval.
Yeah that will show up as soon as the email as been confirmed.

I have it enabled currently - just registered a new user and approved the email - nothing in the moderation queue. The user is still showing as awaiting approval in the ACP though.

Sorry I totally read your first post wrong, my bad.

No it doesn't appear to put them in the moderation queue, not sure if this would be classed as a bug though as it's an admin approval rather than moderation.

Not that I use that feature, but I think it would be better to have them show in the moderation queue as well as I only hit the admin panel when I need to do work. Having said that though I suppose if you use this you would know to check the admin panel.

I tried searching but did not see this suggestion. Or maybe it's already a feature and I haven't found a way to enable it yet.

At the top of the forum when a member is a moderator or admin, we have alerts in the header at the top:

Moderation queue: 0 Reported items: 0

It would be helpful to have a third item up there--Users Awaiting Approval. I had a member sitting a few days without approval since none of us noticed it. (I had signed up with another test account shortly thereafter, so I did not see the name listed under "newest member.")

Somewhat related--is there a place I can set up where staff gets emails on this activity, or is this not possible? I'm going to poke around in the settings in a few minutes to see if I missed a setting or two, but our staff does not sit on the forum all day long, and most of us prefer email alerts, especially if posts are reported.

Top Bottom